PDA

View Full Version : KM 8050 AKA HP color 9850MFC

Custom Search

CT Copier Repair
05-26-2011, 08:36 PM
Have one that I converted the drum drive couplings to take KM drums been running great
customer is a print shop that thinks he knows machines better than he does
Called me yesterday for a void band through the machine
definite void in developer unit (cyan) . Dumped and saw lots of toner pebbles ( clumped toner ) in the unit
removed it all and cleaned out unit Even pulled the top cover that they say to not pull and ran paper in the between the metering roller and developer roller and lower seal and the doctor blade
reassembled and installed new developer ran L detect good to go. Customer wanted other developers changed and 100K PM so I did this. The other units showed no clumping at all so I did not pull covers Installed developer ran L detect and ran 100 11x17 duplex almost full bleeds good to go. Got a call later on that night. Voids again. Went today
found magenta all clumped. Pulled top cover and found a staple in unit that scored roller
Had another developer unit there so I installed it Good to go ran 100+ 11x17 duplex full color bleeds. Now machine is in his basement office humidifier runiing almost non stop turns on around 5 times every half hour. Told him that the humidity is causing the issue he states it can't be Ideas? Now its in Ct 6 days of straight ran and now hazy hot and humid around 85% Am I losing my mind?
Thanks

Brian

acusso1234
05-27-2011, 08:40 PM
My idea is to open a little the main filter in the back of the box, to improve the air passage.

empiru
05-28-2011, 03:51 PM
My idea: Get him to buy at least a BH Pro C6500 if you say he prints non stop... The KM 8050, as far as I know is made for ~1500 copies/ day... am I wrong?

Custom Search