PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7035 Error F77-5

Custom Search

blackcat4866
05-27-2011, 12:44 AM
I don't know much about Konica, so I'll share my surmises.

The enduser claims that the code was F86-??, and he is able to clear the codes by turning it off/on.

I was able to figure out data collection mode 4. The most common code by far is F77-5, and I was able to reproduce it. The machine has one of these three tray internal finishers which appears to put copies in one tray, prints in another, and fax in the third.

When the finisher tries to initialize before accepting prints, it pulls the code. If the finisher is able to find the print tray it doesn't error out.

As a short term fix I removed the finisher. I know the code is finisher-related. So, what's F77-5?

blackcat4866
05-29-2011, 10:44 PM
I've made a little progress, with some good coaching.

F77-5 is a failure of the paper pressure motor M707. Essentially, this is a gate the prevents the paper in the finishing tray from sliding back into the stapling tray when the tray shifts.

I can monitor the paper pressure sensor PS701 in Mode 47: 070-003
I can test the operation of paper pressure motor M707 in Mode 47: 070-011 to apply pressure, and Mode 47: 070-022 to release pressure.

These are some strange service modes. I'm not sure if I understand how this is going to work.
Updates later. =^..^=

blackcat4866
05-31-2011, 11:54 PM
Update: No need for service modes. It was stupidly obvious when I got the finisher cover off.

It only took a few minutes of rotating the motor M707 to determine that when it drives forward it presses down on the upper exit rollers, when in reverse drives the paper pressure gate. There are one-way gears in both gear trains so that the opposite rotation has no affect.

The one-way bearing inside gear 30 was slipping most of the time. The shaft looked fine, chrome plating intact. It just needed a few minutes in an alcohol bath, when dry, a few drops of light oil.

Thanks for all the help everyone (you know who you are). You made me look good. =^..^=

Custom Search