PDA

View Full Version : Question for KM experts

Custom Search

pjdbm
05-30-2011, 01:47 PM
I have been servicing a printer who has a KM DI5510 with over 3mil on it.

Since I have been servicing it I have been putting OEM feed rollers I get from precision roller.

I have noticed that the DFP roller is different! The originals in the machine were a long lasting poly material ( yellowish clear in color) and the new ones are gray that develope flat spots within two hundred thousand copies.

I have asked many people and everyone tells me the same, they tell me the gray rubber rollers for DFP(separation) is the normal roller but I have pulled three rollers out of the machine that are not this material!

It looks to be the same material and roller of a Kyocera 5035 LCT.

Anyone here have any insight?

fixthecopier
05-30-2011, 04:01 PM
Having changed hundreds of those rollers, I can tell you that the OEM reversing roller is grey rubber, and should be changed at around 100,000 pages. Same with the separation roller that sits on top of it. They are cheap rubber like the HP rollers. Newer Konicas use the better quality rubber that last forever.

pjdbm
05-31-2011, 02:26 AM
Thanks, I thought I was going crazy here.

So I believe the company servicing this machine before me put a aftermarket roller to this machine. I would love to know where they got it because it last a long time.

Custom Search