PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7033 - no image

Custom Search

schrodingers cat
08-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Konica 7033 - it scans and then the engine seems to run as usual, but instead of the correct image, it lays down a random-looking layer of about 10% toner. By the looks of the image, I'd guess that the scanned image is not being burned into the eletrostatic drum and the image is a result of whatever static is on the drum instead.

We have tried resetting the machine, with no change in the results.

I'm not a copier technician (my background is in computers and printing presses). If anyone has seen this problem before, I'd love to know what you think, and how expensive a repair might be -- I'm about ready to pitch this machine for something cheaper to own anyway.

Thank you.

08-21-2007, 11:15 AM
I have seen a bad front door switch cause this. It's a weak spot on this model.

CMB
08-21-2007, 11:43 AM
its starving for toner. check the toner motor on the toner hopper-make sure it turns when running auto add toner. i seen this happen several times and its easy to troubleshoot.

two screws removes the cover. the toner motor is the one closest to you when hopper is swung fully to you right. its on the bottom end.

those motors burn out on the inside. if it doesn't feed toner to the dev unit, copies will be light.

Mark B
08-21-2007, 02:09 PM
It is the front door interlock. You can take it apart and clean it with an erase.

CMB
08-22-2007, 12:09 AM
all that front door switch is going to do is turn the fuser off or on. nothing to do with light or dark copies.

if so.

please explain. been working on 7033's for 5 years and never had a front door switch cause any issues.

ebm
08-22-2007, 01:24 AM
all that front door switch is going to do is turn the fuser off or on. nothing to do with light or dark copies.

if so.

please explain. been working on 7033's for 5 years and never had a front door switch cause any issues.

You must be lucky or better than the rest of us, I guess!!!!

08-22-2007, 01:33 AM
MS1 (front door interlock) relays 24v to HV1(charge), HV2(T&S) M10 (toner motor), PRDB, M4 (drum motor), M1, and M3 (developer drive motor).

I've replaced or cleaned dozens for copy quality issues and other problems. It might not solve schrodingers cat's problem, but it's the first thing I would check. :)

Luther
08-22-2007, 01:49 AM
I agree I just replaced the switch on friday for a faint image, they tend to cause tons of problems on these machines, have replaced or cleaned at least a dozen over the years, good luck Its also the same interlock as the minolta Di250/350 if you have a parts machine laying around

dogsbody
08-22-2007, 08:47 AM
It didn't take me long to learn that Fiery's don't like dodgy door switches either.

CMB
08-22-2007, 11:36 AM
that is strange. i have never replaced a door switch on any of my 7033/7040/7045's for any reason. i have replaced many op panel lower covers because the plactic breaks where the switch is attached.

AusiTech
08-22-2007, 12:11 PM
that is strange. i have never replaced a door switch on any of my 7033/7040/7045's for any reason. i have replaced many op panel lower covers because the plactic breaks where the switch is attached.

Yep cleaned/replaced heaps!!

GottaFixEmAll
10-07-2007, 09:13 AM
The door switches are pricey for what they are .. but they always fix this problem !!!, I don't bother to clean them very often ... but then again I don't see as well as I used to, and my fingers aren't as nimble either ...

Mike

dogsbody
10-08-2007, 11:29 AM

Open some switches on your older machines, you will see what were talking about. There were also modified interlock switch actuators (just a little bit longer).

GottaFixEmAll
10-09-2007, 01:59 AM
Well, I used to clean / repair the switches on the older models, unless they were microswitches ... remember the ones on the old KOnica 1803, 2803, 3290,s etc ... the customer would shut the door so hard they'd bend the metal actuator ! and some of teh old mita's that had three separate switches in the interlock !! ... was always fun trying to fold a piece of paper to cheat that switch !!

Believe it or not, I went to school to be an electronics technician .. 26 years ago I answered an ad for a copier technician trainee ... Hmmmhhh ... still doin it .............. must be something in the toner that's addictive ??

Mike

blackcat4866
10-09-2007, 02:26 AM
I can't say much of Konica, but I've seen a few Sharps do this. The front door interlock closes intermittently, cutting off the 24vdc to the HVT. If your getting 20 ohms @ the interlock when closed, the main board still sees the door is shut, but not enough current to run the HVT.

mdm7266
12-17-2007, 12:59 PM
bros, i have a konica 7033, my problem is that: at the start of the copying, the first copy is clear, but as at multiple copies, the image become light. so i got light copies problem.
i have read your post about the front door interlock switch to replace the switch that might cause light copies.

i tried to isolate the problem by shorting the orange wires-front door interlock and the shorting the red wires just to know if the problem will be solve, but the problem still exist. intermittent light copies as you run.

for your information i'm a former service engineer of Fuji Xerox machines for 15 years. i resigned and put up my own business center.

i solved my trouble problems on konica 7050 machine.
i solved F54-1 on 7033. my problem isthe light image as you are copying.

could somebody advise me of what other probable causes of the problem?
please help..

Luther
12-17-2007, 02:43 PM
Replace the charge corona assembly, if you dont have one restring the wires themselves, hope this helps

pepper38_cnd
12-17-2007, 10:06 PM
I agree just change the interlock switch.... But if you are certain its not the switch then change the T/S carona, are you getting any codes? Check management list, they may be recorded and not displayed, codes would really help.

mdm7266
12-18-2007, 11:26 AM
I agree just change the interlock switch.... But if you are certain its not the switch then change the T/S carona, are you getting any codes? Check management list, they may be recorded and not displayed, codes would really help.

i'm not getting any codes. i'll just first try to replaced the wires. i think my wires will also work for konica machine. (my wires are for fuji xerox machines).
i'll inform you as soon as my problem is solved.

mdm7266
04-27-2008, 02:02 AM
if you have not solve the problem yet, you may check for developer clutch. it might be slipping.

doma873
04-27-2008, 06:48 AM

if so.

Geezzzz

When i was working on 7033 -40's this was most common problem. The current running through the swich is to high. When you clean or replace the switch bend the housing plate foward and maybe put some packing behing the switcg so it dosen't move back. Its the arking thats causing the contacts to get dirty. The more presure on the contacts will cause less arking meaning longer switch life.

There is another problem that can cause bery bad copy quality and the is the ozone filter behing the fuser. If no one ever cleans or replaces it at PM intervals it clogs up and heats up the image processor board causing very stange output.

Apart from that there were my fav machine to work on.

Custom Search