PDA

View Full Version : Annoying problem on Bizhub C350

Custom Search

empiru
05-31-2011, 07:27 AM
Ok, this is really pissing me of...
So, we provide service for a Bizhub C350 with the following tray configuration: Tray 1, Tray 2, Tray 3 (LCC, LCT whatever) and obviously Bypass Tray.
Everything was ok, until a couple of moths ago, when suddenly the machine wouldn't recognyze any other tray than Tray 1. Tray 2 and LCC won't even appear on the touch panel, it's like they aren't present. The Bypass Tray won't work, it is frozen on "replenish paper", even if I place an A4, or A3 in it.
As far as I know, these machines work like this: Tray 1 controls Tray 2, Tray 2 controls Tray 3, and so on. Am I right? So, it could be a problem on my Tray 2.
Unfortunately, I couldn't find any broken part on second tray's board.
That's why I changed the Power Supply, the PWB-MC and PWB- MFP... nothing changed...

Any ideas? ... sorry for the long post...

Thanks!

CompyTech
05-31-2011, 05:27 PM
Tray 3 is usually a cabinet base that plugs in the back of the machine It has it's own control board. You plug in the harness to the MFP, you turn on the machine It recognizes it. Is this the tray that you push the button to open? If so, do you see an LED on the button?.You may have went overboard trying to replace boards and power supplies. As for the bypass tray. It can be removed from that machine pretty easily. It's not tied in to any trays. All trays will work independently on this machine. Chances are you probably got a stuck actuator or something stuck in the bypass. I have been on calls and actually still seen the packing foam in there. Machines that have been in the field 3 or 4 years.

Thanks

empiru
05-31-2011, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the information, CompyTech.
You are right, the third tray is a cabinet with the little button on it; the LED isn't working. Actually, I found a blown fuse on this cabinets own board, replaced it, but nothing changed...
You may also wonder why I started to change the power supply and the upper mentioned boards... it's because the faulties of the 2nd, 3rd and Bypass Tray started simultanously.
In addition, I should also say that our client admitted he had some problems with the supply of power in his shop.. So, I (normally) thought a board was broken...

CompyTech
05-31-2011, 05:48 PM
Wow could be electrical issues with the customers site it sounds like. Is there any surge protection on the machine? We had a C351 in the shop and had some bad storms couple weeks ago and the machine died.Turned out the NVRAM was corrupted, had to start all over. Fortunately there is a procedure for resetting the chip, and it worked. Also all our contacts were saved still on the HDD. After that we put it on protection. The ironic thing was we buy them for all our brand new equipment for the field. But our office's own copier did not have a thing on it. But all of our computers and server are on UPS.

empiru
05-31-2011, 06:41 PM
:)) Ironic, indeed...
The machine I'm talking about has no protection at all...

CompyTech
05-31-2011, 07:28 PM
Yep, I would try the machine on another outlet. Or maybe to move the machine altogether to a different place. Just to see if the problem changes. The damage maybe done already. There are all sorts of goofy problems with electrical issues. You could try a Data Clear. But that may not solve the problem. Good luck with that one Ive been there before too. Let us know what you find. :cool:

empiru
05-31-2011, 08:01 PM
Ok, thanks! I'll let you know.

Custom Search