PDA

View Full Version : C360 3rd party device question.

Custom Search

CompyTech
05-31-2011, 02:49 PM
I don't know if this is a Konica question per say. But our dealer has three C360s. The customer wanted to install a 3rd party key counter/ credit card scanner made by CPI basically a rebranded Verifone. We got the harness, installed the device but only problem is it doesn't charge for 11x17 the way the customer wants. The machine is set for 2 counts 11x17, but it counts all 11x17 as color and not the right price what the customer wants. We called CPI(they are useless) they said we had to program pulses for the machine and told us the number of pulses. My response was I never heard of that before. Now sales and management and the customer is in a tizzy about this. We as service dept. want to know if anyone has heard of this before or know anyone is running this or similar devices and knows something we don't. IMO i think its a problem with the device and the company that sold/supports it is not wanting to "Man up " if you will, and help them.

Thanks

CompyTech
06-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Well we were told that the device has to be programed with a chip. The company that supports the device is dancing around our questions about other dealers that use the equipment. So who knows. The lesson here is only use supported 3rd party devices :)

oldschool
06-20-2011, 09:28 PM
Been away for a few weeks and just ran across this thread. We have a credit card solution but it doesn't rely on pulses it uses the Vendor 2 setting of the copier. Charges differently for color v b/w and large v small paper. We are a supported Konica Minolta vendor. If your sales rep gets backed into a corner and needs to make the customer happy have him check this out. (http://www.jamexvending.com/content/view/netpad.html)

CompyTech
06-22-2011, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the reply. I have also been gone for a couple weeks. From what i learned the other day, the customer got the device to work. I think they had to change some vendor settings. I really don't have all the details. Jamex is what we should have made them to use all along far better equipment with better support. :)

Custom Search