PDA

View Full Version : konica 7145

Custom Search

copierlady
05-31-2011, 09:47 PM
Working on a biz hub 7145 customer says started making a noise and then poped a f26-4 code. It also has light copies and seems to depleat the dv quickly. Today i tryed a 47-54 and it made a lot of noise when it was adding toner.. Then it made about 15 copies and started an auto toner replenish also making a lot of noise, then popped the code agian. That same noise occures when it is making copies too, but not continueously. Toner motor?

CompyTech
05-31-2011, 10:19 PM
Is it like a popping or grinding noise? If so the Toner Hopper (Toner Supply Unit) is clogged. You'll have to take it apart and vacuum it out. Infact there is a bulletin/solution on this problem and i have seen this problem many times before.

copierlady
06-01-2011, 05:12 PM
No poping but grinding might discribe it. It just sounds as if the machine is trying really hard to do something and it is "bogged down". Is what you are discribing a big under taking, or fairly simple process?

CompyTech
06-01-2011, 07:56 PM
It can be serious, but it is not difficult. First you remove the toner bottle. Then the dev. unit. Then remove the rear cover. Remove the control board ( maybe like 5 connectors) a few screws(too many to count if you never removed the pwb box before). Then you might have to remove the fly wheel on the back. Don't be afraid to break that painted screw on there. You should see the Toner hopper (it has 2 motors and is all black) It kinda reminds me of a fire hydrant for some reason. I want to say 4 or 6 screws hold it on, disconnect the motors and remove it. Be careful though, toner can go all over the place. Once out you can take it apart or stick your vacuum hose in there and clean it. Best way is to take it apart however, because the toner can clump in the worm gear deal. Ive done this many times on the 7k series and bizhub 500s/501s. Worse case scenario you'll have to order a new assy. But the 7k is obsolete, parts could be on BO. Seems lately, a lot of KM parts are on BO. Good luck :cool:

CraigW
06-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Use caution with "connector 46" (ribbon cable to scanner) Luckily you have the kindler gentler version on the 7145.

JustManuals
06-01-2011, 08:54 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from
Just Manuals | The Internet's largest selection of manuals | Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

jeffreyclay
06-02-2011, 02:01 PM
Had the same complaint last week. Compytech is right on the advice. The waste toner collection in the drum unit can clog and cause the same issue too. Be sure to remove drum, cleaning blade and vac out that area too.

copierlady
06-02-2011, 02:21 PM
Ok guys thanks i'll get to work and let you know.

copierlady
06-09-2011, 02:37 PM
Ok thanks guys,
i replaced the whole toner supply unit. And.................. I did break the ribbon cable connecter, even afer you reminided me. Thankfully i had a parts machine in the shop. Works great now. Almost a million copies on this machine and it is still rollin. Thanks again.

CompyTech
06-10-2011, 09:56 PM
No problem. glad we could help. :cool:

Custom Search