PDA

View Full Version : MX2300 cyan in the black cleaning unit??

Custom Search

Sam Tofu
06-02-2011, 03:40 PM
new customer so don't know history of issues. Waste toner not very full. When print in black there is a cyan stripe about 1/4 of page going from front of drum towards rear.
Took out drum and drum cleaning auger chamber had cyan in front 1/4 of the chamber. Vacuumed. Put back in same thing again. Vacuumed once more and still same results. Transfer belt cleaning seems OK.

Used Sharp Color Test Page-makes "picture perfect" test page-other than on the blue gradient 1-10 squares there is a thin dark blue line through the center of the squares.The rest of the sheet looks as nice as you could expect.

divad2k1
06-02-2011, 03:51 PM
Can you post a scan of the stripes ?

Sam Tofu
06-02-2011, 07:21 PM
I'll see if I can get our other branch who is working on this to get samples to scan. Thanks

mojorolla
06-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Is the machine in a high humidity environment or is the developer old and full of moisture? The toner will clump and cause issues with streaking of the colors. SIM 44-14 will list temps and humidity levels. Is the primary transfer belt cam working properly. If the cam is damaged, all four drums can ride along the belt, causing bleeding to other units.

Sam Tofu
06-03-2011, 12:35 AM
Thanks for input!. In a humidity controlled enviro. Will check the cam - that is a good idea for certain.

mojorolla
06-03-2011, 02:54 AM
Oh how I wish they were all in a controlled environment...

Sam Tofu
06-03-2011, 06:18 AM
Yes I can relate. I have been both in humid and in extreme dry. In some cases the humid generating mold and mildew throughout parts of the copier and fungus attaching to the lenses of a large analog machine.
In the dry climate, static becomes the nightmare.

we are scheduled to go back on location on Monday so will definitely check out the cam. Thanks again!

Custom Search