PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7272

Custom Search

Discountcopiers
06-03-2011, 09:44 PM
I have an intermitent problem ( always fun) with a J31-02 code coming up . I have not witnessed it myself,but the key-op keeps calling. I test about 200... no jam. Tried cleaning the fuser decurler drive clutch and the exit sensor. Any other sugestions??

Darren King
06-05-2011, 06:13 PM
J31-2 refers to the area from the registration unit to the fuser exit. The decurler roller comes after the fuser exit. I would concentrate on the registration unit. The clutch that drives the rollers with the paper dust traps in the usual suspect.
Hope this helps.
Darren

minimerlin
06-05-2011, 08:49 PM
How old is the decurler roller?

DelawareJim
06-05-2011, 09:01 PM
There are 2 1-way bearing/ gears on the front of the fuser section that will give jamming issues. Remove the brown cover on the front of the fuser (the one behind the green pressure release lever and the E knob). The first gear is on the same shaft as the E knob. Remove the E knob and a c-clip and you can pull the gear/ 1 way bearing off. Clean the inside of the bearing and the shaft (you want to get rid of any grease) and reinstall. The other gear is very close to the first one. About an inch and a half in the 2 o'clock direction. Again, remove the gear, clean the bearing and shaft, and reinstall.

Darren King
06-05-2011, 09:08 PM
He said the jam code was 31-2 which refers to the area between registration and fuser exit. If it is really 32-1 then it refers to the area between fuser exit and machine exit which would point to decurler and one ways.
Hope this helps.
Darren

fixthecopier
06-05-2011, 10:39 PM
The guide plate that the paper uses to get into the fuser will get a toner build up and it could cause the paper to jam. The toner build up acts like a burr. It does not take much.

ddude
06-06-2011, 04:13 AM
He said the jam code was 31-2 which refers to the area between registration and fuser exit. If it is really 32-1 then it refers to the area between fuser exit and machine exit which would point to decurler and one ways.
Hope this helps.
Darren
Correct-J31 means that the paper did not reach the fuser jam detect switch soon enough-timing from registration to fuser, or stall at the fuser ramp, or defective fuser jam switch.....

Jsh77
08-19-2011, 05:52 PM
Replace the registration clutch 56AA82102 and clean the sensor

Custom Search