PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 220 authentication problem on TWAIN and SMB scan

Custom Search

orkila
06-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Dear all,

I have recently been facing a permanent problem with my Konica Milnolta Bizhub C220.
I'm using authentication on external server. I have configured a domain authentication for that purpose (Domain running on Windows 2000). So now users login using their domain account in order to copy, print, or scan.

Users are requested to provide their username and password every time they print or scan from the computer. All that was working perfectly, until scan stopped authenticating users.

Now, every time a user tries to scan from the machine's interface to a shared folder using SMB, they get Login Error, even if the folders sharing permissions and security are set full permission for Everyone (and we tried with guest). Also, when these users try to scan using TWAIN from their computers, they get Authentication Failed, and they are asked to make sure that the username and password are correct.

Authentication for printing from the computer works using the same accounts!

This authentication error in the scan doesn't happen if:
1. The user exists on the machine and is already an administrator on the domain
2. The user is created right now, even if regular user

We tried to remove existing accounts, and then login using them, the error persists.

What could be causing this problem??

KalEl
06-23-2011, 10:37 AM
Hi,

We use the Develop Ineo range (basically a re-badged Konica)....

Firstly Have you got the latest release of firmware installed on to the copier?
Is the user's IP Address of their PC static?

orkila
06-23-2011, 11:12 AM
We are using static IP addresses ,and firmware is already latest version

KalEl
06-23-2011, 11:48 AM
Hmmm Wierd one. I can't say for deifnate. I had a similar situation with a customer that had full dept accounting on and the machine wouldn't authenticate in box utility... I resorted to SMB scanning. The customer changed their logins monthly and I taught them all how to do it in the web browser (a lot of users!) and to begin with when altering a users password and applying the changes I encountered the "authentication failed". I then had to delete the account and re-create it with the new password and it worked.

We firmwared the machine but at the same time on the users station created the shared folder on the C: drive simply called SCANS (all uppercase). Changed the file path to just "SCANS" and the issue was resolved. Wether it was the firmware or the file path I couldn't say...

On windows 7 I've encountered issues (with Kyocera's mainly) when the firewall needs configuring for port 139 for the scan to make its way through. On some of my previous posts I've told people how to do this but let me know if you want me to tell you....

All I can suggest is checking the username is valid using command "net config workstation" in command prompt

Sorry there is no definitive answer... Hope you find a resolution.

TheOwl
06-27-2011, 01:05 AM
First off, just one really quick question, but is the NTLM version set to v1, v2 or v1/v2?

This setting can be found under Utility - Admin Settings - Network Settings - SMB Settings - Client Settings from the machine's panel.

orkila
06-27-2011, 07:02 AM
it is V1/V2,

TheOwl
06-27-2011, 07:08 AM
OK, no how are the users scanning to an SMB folder? Are there one touch destinations that have been entered in to the machine?

If there have been One touches registered on the machine, go in to the web interface of the machine and have a look at the destinations as these would have been set up with a user name and password. It could be that the password for the account used in the one touch has expired and needs to be reset.

orkila
06-27-2011, 07:32 AM
Thank you for your reply.

We are scanning to SMB destinations. Some folders have permissions set to Everyone (read/write), others have permissions only to given users.

On the machine side, we have tried creating the SMB destinations with and without a user name and password set for them (with both Limit and do no limit access to authorized folders). In both cases, all old users are not being authenticated to scan to these folders, NEITHER the folders with permissions to Everyone.

We have tried deleting a user from the machine, turn off the machine, then on, just to check if that user will be created as if it is totally new for the machine after we login next time, but it seems it returns it to the same ID when you login again, so one question, how do we totally delete an account from the machine without leaving any trace, so that whenever we login again using that account, the machine considers it totally new??

oldschool
06-27-2011, 04:49 PM
Take a look at this (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-windows_update/why-is-update-kb2536276-causing-a-block-in/4b3536b7-b6b4-43fc-a973-c75ea478c7ca) regarding Windows update KB2536276

DocuSystems
06-27-2011, 07:17 PM
I have had issues in the past where the shared folder was on the desktop, and the user changed their password. It was a domain account. This resulted in a forward TX error on a Bizhub 250. I NEVER put the share inside of any of the user's directories (i.e. My Documents, Desktop, etc.) Instead I place it off of the root of the C: drive. You need to determine where the Bizhub is authenticating. If it is hooked into a domain, the default configuration will cause the Bizhub to authenticate against the domain controller as opposed to the local machine you are scanning to. I have had the IT people create a generic BizhubScan account with a non-expiring password on the domain controller, then give that account explicit access to the share on the local computer. Then when you are creating the SMB one touch, use that account instead of the user's account. These accounts have nothing to do with the account used to login to the Bizhub (even if Active Directory is used, it doesn't automatically use that account in conjunction with the created one touches.)

orkila
06-28-2011, 08:36 AM
Thanks all, but how do we totally delete an account from the machine without leaving any trace ? cause it is already working perfectly by new created users.
So If the problem exist behind it , It will be easy to find the solution.

Custom Search