PDA

View Full Version : Color problem on VoyagerE (CS-C4035E)

Custom Search

blackcat4866
06-06-2011, 04:24 PM
I thought I'd share this. The copies looked fine. So I did a quick clean and calibrate and found the person who called.

He says that it only happens when printing from a specific PowerPoint file. He showed samples of what it used to look like, and what it does now.

From his PowerPoint file I got the RGB numbers for the tannish color that was affected (~ pantone 726U), created a Paint file with that color and printed it from my laptop. The color appeared correct. Then I created a Powerpoint, JPEG, and Word file. Again it printed correctly. Then we printed those same new files from the endusers laptop. Still appears correctly. At this point we've ruled out almost everything.

The affected Powerpoint file is the endusers daily work file and has been edited, cut/pasted, thousands of times. It turned out to be corrupt. The proof turned out to be changing some of the color blocks to magenta (255/0/255). The resulting color blocks came out charcoal gray, no magenta at all.

I've had parallel experiences with Excel. On files that I work with daily, I've had cells disappear and re-appear, become uneditable or edit themselves. As far as I know the only cure is to abandon the corrupt doc, and start from scratch. =^..^=

Custom Search