PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous How to disable the saddle stitch / booklet maker on bizhub c-352

Custom Search

beatbrother
06-06-2011, 06:01 PM
As mentioned above I removed the saddle stitcher from the finisher and now the machine tells me to "close the door from the saddle stitch" which there is none!!!

So I suppose the is an enable/disable switch/function on the Tech Rep Mode

Does anyone have had this issue ????
Please... HELP! I need some bodie, HELP! ♪♫♫♪ Lol

Thanks in advance!!!

emujo
06-06-2011, 09:26 PM
although you can disable the saddle stitcher in service mode, I believe the MFP needs to see the saddle sticher at least present, meaning re-install then disable. Emujo

beatbrother
06-06-2011, 10:53 PM
That's a great!!
Do you know how can I disable it once I put it back or in what menu I can Do it??

Thank you Sir.

emujo
06-07-2011, 02:41 AM
look in service mode, systm 1, isolation..maybe on page 2, but look for saddle stitch and put on set, cycle power. Emujo

beatbrother
06-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Hi Emujo.

I will follow your instructions and I'll let you know what happened ;-)

Thank you (Y)

SmellsHot
06-08-2011, 06:15 PM
Follow the installation instructions for the saddle stitcher. You prolly forgot to take out the guide and connector thats in the finisher horizontal conveyance section!

beatbrother
06-08-2011, 07:22 PM
HELLO Emujo and SmellsHot.

I did Not found anything on SYSTEM 1 or 2 in the service mode related to Isolation or Saddle Stitch. Can you tell me exactly what menu should go to?? Please

I also made sure I did not leave any bracket or wire left behind. I actually COMPARED 2 same finisher and they seem just the same in the connectors and the finisher board.

I really need help!!!
Thank you guys!!

habik
06-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Have you checked the punch unitsection? not sure if you have it but that is what I had, disabling wont help as the machine still has connetcted something from the saddle range. As SmellsHot says :) check out the horizontal conveying path. or have a look in the Install manual in revers order what is missing to detach or unplug.

emujo
06-08-2011, 10:19 PM
Sorry, looks like the C352 is prior to the "isolation" capability. We don't see much before the 353 series. Emujo

habik
06-08-2011, 10:21 PM
aww sorry dude..I have missread thought you have c 353..it should not be that far off c352.

EarthKmTech
06-08-2011, 10:56 PM
the crease unit also needs to be unplugged too, if youve thrown out the original guide that goes in its place it'll need to stay in there unplugged.

beatbrother
06-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Hello Emujo and Habik.

I do not have a puncher section on the copier.
I followed the harnesses wire from a copier with NO booklet maker and another one WITH booklet make and they are exactly the same.
Actually the one with NO booklet maker it has the connectors for the booklet maker ready just to plug and play I suppose.
What I am going to do is to put the booklet maker in the finisher with NO booklet maker just for FUN PURPOSES. may be I can discover something!
Hopefully I do not end up with 2 MACHINES ASKING FOR A BOOKLET MAKER Lol.

I do not have the installation manual for the booklet maker but any help would be infinitely appreciated

beatbrother
06-09-2011, 03:28 PM
HELLO PerthKMTECH. (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/member.php?u=25597)

The crease unit comes with the Booklet maker unit, I remove it as well.
I am frustrated man :''-(
Any help will be paid double by Karma.

Thank you

beatbrother
06-09-2011, 03:31 PM
No luck Guys :''-(

Please help

mmru4real
06-09-2011, 04:22 PM
If it is the standard canon finisher I am thinking of, I believe this come standard with that finisher and is not just an option.

beatbrother
06-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Hey mmru4real.

The finisher and copier in question is a Bizhub c352
but we cant get the booklet maker of the copier even tough is off physically.

Any help

mmru4real
06-09-2011, 06:54 PM
beat i understand that it is on a KM C352, but it was made by canon and is utilized by xerox, sharp, canon, konica minolta and oki data, these came standard with the saddle stitch and I dont believe you can just remove the saddle stitich and and disable it because they were marketed and sold as a complete saddle stitch finisher.

habik
06-09-2011, 10:50 PM
that is correct - Saddle stich and crease unit comes as a kit.
So recap:
Saddle is out.
Crease is out.
......try and check in which position you have the paper exit trays :) that gave me a hard time.

this is in manual :)
Note:
Install the holder for top tray at a level one step lower than
where it was removed in step 27.

beatbrother
06-10-2011, 02:39 PM
Hello MMRU4Real

So we are talking about the finisher from Habik correct?
the one that Habik posted below.
That is very interesting, the fact that that all been made by Canon.

I'm going to try the option given by Habik and see if it works otherwise 4REAL may be correct, those finisher are built in and you can not remove them.

beatbrother
06-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Hello Habik.

The picture was very helpful!!
I put the tray back to the original position but unfortunately No success :-(
Could you please send me the instruction how to enable the booklet maker in the service mode??
ir if it is easier the whole link or PDF where you took that picture.

I think if it says how to enable it and set it I'm just going to follow the steps backwards.

Thank you In advance Habik.

SmellsHot
06-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Hey beatbrother send me an email addy so I can send you the Saddle Stitch Installation manual.

habik
06-10-2011, 09:03 PM
You are not disabling saddle/ crease , it is either installed or not. have you got the manual already or ...I did send you msg yesterday and did not get response from you.

beatbrother
06-21-2011, 05:09 PM
Heloo Again Guys !!!

I am so sorry for the delay, I was attending a Toshiba seminar...

Smellhot: my Email is beatbrother10@hotmail.com
Please send me the set up manual for the installation for the finisher / Saddle Stitch Installation manual, it would be very helpful.

Habik: I am so sorry for the delay bud, I think I did not receive it. Would you mind to re-send it again??

Thank you Guys

a1computer
09-06-2011, 06:05 AM
Do anybody know how to diable this finisher from bizhub c-352

kingarthur
09-06-2011, 12:55 PM
when you initially install a saddle stitcher, you have to cut off a piece of plastic, which went into a sensor, you may have to re order that complete piece intact....if you look at the installation guide it will tell you what you have to cut...that is what is missing......as far as i can remember...sorry its so vague

beatbrother
09-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Hello Guyos

I still think that has to be something related to any switch SW or something or may with a loop connector

kingarthur
09-06-2011, 04:28 PM
look on page 7...section 34 of the installation manual.....have you replaced the piece that was cut off....you have to remove it to fit the SD....so if you remove the SD...you have to replace it.....

beatbrother
09-06-2011, 08:52 PM
Hello King Arthur

Can you send me a picture with that info please???
I don't have the installation manual

Thank you in advance

Tec1
09-24-2012, 04:15 PM
did you ever figure out how to get rid of open door signal, when removing the SD-503?

I have a customer that wants it removed and having same problem.

not finding SD-503 installation guide

Masterchief
09-25-2012, 12:50 AM
Why did this thread start of on KM and end up on BIZHUB can we keep it simple please

Tec1
09-25-2012, 02:49 PM
KM Bizhub C352

Custom Search