PDA

View Full Version : Konica c500 sc29-22

Custom Search

henry finley
06-06-2011, 11:00 PM
Hello folks. It's me again. Bet you guys are getting tired. So I'll keep this short. I have need of temporarily disabling the drum potential sensors related to error sc29-22, which is the black drum. It's got pits in it and I need to change it. But right now it's blocking me from doing an auto gamma calibration in the drum perculiarity section of 36 mode.
What dip switches disable the drum potential sensors? I have need of addressing a gritty copy problem on the magenta, and experience tells me a gamma calibration goes a long way on that problem. But sc29-22 blocks me on that. I already know my black drum is bad--I don't care about that for the moment. Thank you.

mrwho
06-07-2011, 08:18 AM
Hello folks. It's me again. Bet you guys are getting tired. So I'll keep this short. I have need of temporarily disabling the drum potential sensors related to error sc29-22, which is the black drum. It's got pits in it and I need to change it. But right now it's blocking me from doing an auto gamma calibration in the drum perculiarity section of 36 mode.
What dip switches disable the drum potential sensors? I have need of addressing a gritty copy problem on the magenta, and experience tells me a gamma calibration goes a long way on that problem. But sc29-22 blocks me on that. I already know my black drum is bad--I don't care about that for the moment. Thank you.

To turn off image stabilization, 24-3 must be 0 and 24-2 must be 1.

henry finley
06-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Thank you, but are we talking about the same thing? I just want to do an auto gamma adjustment without sc29-22 halting it. To my understanding, that is the drum potential sensors doing their jobs, and if I can turn them off, the gamma adjustment can complete, which means my sandy, gritty magenta will improve. Already have replaced developers, so that's not the issue. And I'm pretty sure it's the black drum at fault, because moving it to the cyan produces 29-21 (as I recall). I'll deal with the black drum after I see a magenta improvement--one problem at a time.
And here you're talking about image stabilization. Are we speaking the same language? Thank you.

mrwho
06-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Thank you, but are we talking about the same thing? I just want to do an auto gamma adjustment without sc29-22 halting it. To my understanding, that is the drum potential sensors doing their jobs, and if I can turn them off, the gamma adjustment can complete, which means my sandy, gritty magenta will improve. Already have replaced developers, so that's not the issue. And I'm pretty sure it's the black drum at fault, because moving it to the cyan produces 29-21 (as I recall). I'll deal with the black drum after I see a magenta improvement--one problem at a time.
And here you're talking about image stabilization. Are we speaking the same language? Thank you.

Yep. If you check the service manual, the image stabilization, amongst other things, use the Potentian Sensor. As far as I recall, it isn't possible to disable just the sensors - you need to disable the entire stabilization.

But I think it just disables automatic stabilization - you can still do it manually.

henry finley
06-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Thank you, but that didn't do it. Guess I'll need to get a new black drum first.Frankly I don't see what's so special about these drums, other than the need to be smooth. And they all look the same, but have different part numbers. If it weren't for that it seems like you could move them around at will.
I wonder what's wrong with that drum, other than a few pits in it. It's always something with these machines. Thanks

Custom Search