PDA

View Full Version : Electrical C250 - Blank prints then freezes

Custom Search

mrwho
06-07-2011, 10:18 AM
I've got a C250 that prints out blank pages then freezes, forcing me to cycle the power on the main button inside the front door.

I'm in the process of swapping boards with a working machine, but I'm almost done (just left is the PSU and the laser assemblies under the IUs - already replaced all the boards at the back, under the scanner and the PWB-M).

Tried firmware update, NVRAM reset tool, HDD formatting, removing the HDD.

Any hints?

joneze
06-07-2011, 11:41 AM
Might be a long shot but have you tried using a different power socket? ensuring it is not going through an extension socket...etc Think we had similar issue which was related to power supply.

mrwho
06-07-2011, 11:43 AM
Might be a long shot but have you tried using a different power socket? ensuring it is not going through an extension socket...etc Think we had similar issue which was related to power supply.

Although not thinking about it, I did it because I needed to drag the machine next to another one on a different room in order to start swapping parts. So, yeah, that's been done.

Thanks for the tip, though.

joneze
06-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Only other thing i can recall with a machine freezing is a bent pin in the large connector near the network socket, although i think we had a code along with it.

mrwho
06-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Sorry for not mentioning it, but one of the first things I did was check the cable.

But now that you mention it, I think I'll swap it with the working machine's cable and see how it goes.

Thanks.

mrwho
06-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Don't know if it is related (probably is) but I noticed that ATVC-2nd keeps zeroed. I checked the connector, exchanged boards, belt and secondary feed (with IDC and temperature sensor) with the working machine and measured continuity between the connector's extremities and everythings seems ok.

What else could be causing this?

mrwho
06-14-2011, 03:19 PM
The freeze was caused by some bent pins on both the flat cables. I cut the cables tips with some scisors and it's rocking again.

Custom Search