PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Have you had this sort of noise from machine?

Custom Search

habik
06-08-2011, 09:58 PM
Have very noisy C650 with lot of P-21 and dirty copies on sides...haven't checked any bulletins which is my next step right now..just if you had any experience please respond. Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSP5ZlOKZxs

blackcat4866
06-09-2011, 12:36 AM
It sounds like a polygon mirror motor to me. Are there any other corroborating symptoms? =^..^=

fixthecopier
06-09-2011, 12:46 AM
I would check fans . A piece of trash could be vibrating against one of them.

nmfaxman
06-09-2011, 01:54 AM
Sounds like a brass motor gear turned into a router shaving a nylon gear.
Go into I/O mode and turn each motor on one at a time.

mo0651
06-09-2011, 02:56 PM
Check out the transfer belt cleaning unit. A piece of paper may be in the cleaning unit binding the driving gears. the gear making that noise is inside the copier on the end where you start your video. it chewed a couple of teeth off. Had this problem and there is a part upgrade for it.

habik
06-09-2011, 10:07 PM
yeap thanks folks ..M38 spindle and gear 55 had a little misunderstanding :) thanks again.
I got this vid from my manager, he did not have time to fix it :)( yeah right) ..changed the motor and the gear unit ,

Now I have ghosting issue, on everything, did trouble reset, new transfer belt, initialize+reset stabilization, stabilization, gradation adjust, full..adj value no more than 25 and 6..took some time, registration alignment,,still no luck, with or without fiery, same issue. Cleaned laser gaps, stabilized, Gradation adjust,.....it appear like if the image is being postponed by couple of miliseconds but with a less power, happening on Bk. .suspecting Bk drum...any suggestions. Thanks Credit to NMFAXMAN and mo0651 ;) cheers

copytechman
06-10-2011, 02:28 AM
Check age of 2nd transfer roller, they do some strange things when they are shot!

Regards!
A.

nmfaxman
06-10-2011, 02:53 AM
Show us an image if you can.
Ghosting can be caused by a lot of things. Most common fuser unit.

habik
06-10-2011, 12:55 PM
10246changed:
Fuser
2nd Transfer Roller
BK IU
rewrote Firmware
..now I wonder whether the new transfer belt is not playing up, or being faulty..or the HV unit is playing up aswell.. will post scans in a minute.

rangertech
06-13-2011, 03:45 AM
i had been seems problem like that but at type 253, and solution : cleaning the second transfer

habik
06-13-2011, 08:59 AM
Cleaned, changed 2nd TR for a different one ...not new though, fault remained the same. Cleaned all contacts and earthing points, still no difference .

mrwho
06-13-2011, 12:34 PM
Did you try to thoroughly clean the laser unit glass?

habik
06-13-2011, 03:08 PM
That will be possibly my next step together with reconecting the HV unit, just want to get some more infos whilst waiting for brand new TR. It could be fairly misty inside the LU.

habik
12-20-2011, 11:03 AM
That will be possibly my next step together with reconecting the HV unit, just want to get some more infos whilst waiting for brand new TR. It could be fairly misty inside the LU.

OK.

My ghosting problem came back again.

Cleaned spotlessly everything on 2nd transfer side and it went away for 2 weeks. Now it came back again. Cleaned everything again as before and I was not so lucky this time. Problem still persists. It does not appear however on A4 R (A4 landscape) have not tried A3 yet...

see scans below:13523

Glaander
12-20-2011, 12:05 PM
those shadow around the print normally is paper dust on the ph laser window, the noise only the ph polygon mirror motor is spins that fast in the machine, so I can say your ph has a page paper or something loose in it.

habik
12-20-2011, 03:28 PM
OK.

My ghosting problem came back again.

Cleaned spotlessly everything on 2nd transfer side and it went away for 2 weeks. Now it came back again. Cleaned everything again as before and I was not so lucky this time. Problem still persists. It does not appear however on A4 R (A4 landscape) have not tried A3 yet...

see scans below:13523

OKAY

1st and 2nd Transfer adjustments did the trick!

Done 3x500 sheets and with only little very minimum streaking hardly to see it works fine!

minimerlin
12-20-2011, 08:14 PM
Just looked at the Test Print ...has the extra mylar sheet been added to the transfer roller area? It is designed for just that fault, without adjustment of transfer voltages.

habik
12-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Just looked at the Test Print ...has the extra mylar sheet been added to the transfer roller area? It is designed for just that fault, without adjustment of transfer voltages.

Well ..I had a 2nd transfer unit in place that already had the mylar strip and it was still doing it. I could not figure out what is causing it despite playing with the settings, I decided to change the whole 2nd transfer assembly and the one I put in did not have the mylar strip and it worked. however eventually it came back... until I fluffed around with the settings to get the best results.

It has been running for 2 days now and it seems like its OK..hope I haven't jinxed it :)

eg101
12-22-2011, 08:58 PM
I would check fans . A piece of trash could be vibrating against one of them.

Or a foam filter got sucked into a fan.

Custom Search