PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous BIZHUB C450 with Fiery

Custom Search

paulgreig22
06-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Good Morning, I have a Konica Minolta C450 and am having problems connecting to it using the fiery controller. I beleive I need to update the firmware as it is a very old version. Can anyone help? If possible I need the firmware and some info on how to apply it.

habik
06-10-2011, 02:05 PM
Have you got access to konica tech.rep site? do a list output on c450 and configuration page on fiery.

what fiery have you got? what does it says on the box?

C450
06-22-2011, 04:10 PM
Habik or someone else who can help me,

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but I am in a stuck just like the OP.

To answer your questions to the best of my ability:

Have you got access to konica tech.rep site? I have but we are out of warranty/contract.

do a list output on c450 and configuration page on fiery: The server info says it is Password Enabled, Software: EFI Fiery System 8e, Version 2.0. I have the IP, etc.

what fiery have you got: Model: X3eTY

I tried disconnecting the fiery and connecting the printer to the network but I still cannot to the network. I have the default admin p/w too. I am completely lost on what to do. Any words of advice will be greatly appreciated.

I have called DEX IMAGING and they said that if I bypass fiery that I should still be able to connect but like I said before that did not work....

C450
06-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Okay, I have just bypassed Fiery and directly connected to the printer. I had to change the Controller Setting from [1] to [0]. Now my computer recognizes the printer finally but the documents still will not print.

Under status it says "Ready to Print". Has the green circle w/ the check but also w/ the caution sign in it. Any ideas?

Mr Spock
06-23-2011, 02:26 AM
When you switched to internal nic did you change the driver? If not then do it. They use different drivers from the fiery to the machine nic.

C450
06-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the response Mr. Spock. If you are talking about the drivers on the computer I am using then, yes. I even called an authorized dealer to see if they could help me and they chose which drive to d/l after I described the situation to them. But I am not under warranty so they were limited on how much they could help me with.

So right now I can ping to the printer but can't print.

Another odd thing. If I unplug the power plug that supplies to the fiery then the printer doesn't show up on the network anymore. Even though everything I am doing is to bypass it.

KalEl
06-23-2011, 03:51 PM
Hey... Just thought I'd ask after seeing the above screenshot. Do you have the User authentication in the print driver? If you don't then it won't print....

C450
06-23-2011, 04:18 PM
Thanks kal, yeah just fixed that and still won't print.

C450
06-23-2011, 05:25 PM
Alright!

Well finally printed my first page from my computer.

I thought I assigned the port but since I have been d/ling so many of them. I forgot this one time. I also updated it and it finally worked. Going to install the drivers to the other computers and and follow the steps.. *fingers crossed.

It's amazing what an Civil Engineer w/ google/forums can do eh? Thanks for everyone's input/help.

habik
06-23-2011, 10:54 PM
Great stuff \C450 :) have you managed to get the fiery up and running too?

The only bypass i know of is to plug the fiery to a external hub and the c450 too...that way you can use both the fiery and the c450 drivers ;)

how did you setup the controller setup ..1,2,3 hope you havent used no controler, cos that way it wont work :)

Checking the Image Controller Setting
• Whenever the controller is mounted, it is necessary to select “Controller 0” in [Image
Controller Setting].
1. Call the Service Mode to the screen.
2. Touch [System 2].
3. Check that [Controller 0] is selected in [Image Controller Setting].
NOTE
• If the setting is changed, be sure to turn OFF and ON the Main Power Switch. The
change of the setting becomes valid when the Main Power Switch is turned OFF
and ON after the appropriate change has been made on the panel.
A. Note on returning the setting from “Controller 1” to “Controller 0.”
• Selecting “Controller 0” will initialize the following settings made while “Controller 1” was
selected. Reset the following items as necessary when using the Internal Standard Controller.
<Control Panel on the machine>

When you install it back change to controler 1. (for fiery IC402 OR X3ety) than just add the network server settings :) I am sure you will figure it out. ..pche google civil engineer :)

C450
06-24-2011, 02:49 PM
Habik,

I completely bypassed the fiery. Unplugged it from the C450 and used on Controller [0]. I think that was one of my problems; not turning OFF and ON the Main Power Switch, so I think that is why I had a few problems before :(.

Right now all the computers on the network have just the C450 driver not the (fiery IC402 or x3ety) driver so maybe a few weeks from now I will try that out.

Appreciate the time/help.

Custom Search