PDA

View Full Version : cpp 500 How do i get into service mode

Custom Search

Merv
06-10-2011, 05:31 PM
I need to cancel an error code, can anyone help? PM?

I have a couple problems, first is the unit keeps coming up with "Fixing cleaning unit needs to be exchanged, and a periodic error SC29-22

RRodgers
06-10-2011, 06:03 PM
I need to cancel an error code, can anyone help? PM?

I have a couple problems, first is the unit keeps coming up with "Fixing cleaning unit needs to be exchanged, and a periodic error SC29-22

Your machine needs service, call a tech. If you are in Ca call me.

JustManuals
06-10-2011, 10:10 PM
This Parts & Service manual can be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

fixthecopier
06-10-2011, 11:05 PM
Fuser can be reset, but the web needs to be changed.

Merv
06-11-2011, 12:27 AM
Paul - You don't list the manual for this one.

I have the option to use two of these machines to begin production of our weekly and bi weekly newsletters in colour. After doing more research these may not be the best machines. I have been doing my own servicing on my Canon 550's and thought I might step it up a bit. As I understand it now, this is a rebranded machine. KM to Icon and the service codes are different, propriatory software.

If I can't do my own service the production is simply not cost effective. I would then stay black and white until ad sales start increasing again. Our economy doesn't support much right now. I have been able to keep the IR 550 functioning clean, though I periodically get stumped. Sometimes just a silly error of oversight on my part, but it is producing the newsletter everyweek. Two issues weekly and one bi weekly. Keeping our little town in the news!

I could use a full parts and service manual for these machines. The guy who had them things he remembers having a manual but we can't locate it.

Any chance of getting a list of the error codes, a schematic and the codes to get into the service mode? There is no Utility button on the keypad.

06-11-2011, 12:52 AM
If this is a Konica Minolta CPP500 press the P button for about 6 seconds then press 9272 that should get you there.OR when powering up press butto n 25 at same time till you get in service mode.

Merv
06-11-2011, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the help, I am able to get this machine to print again. Looks like it will be constant work. I am printing a 12 page newsletter, 3 sheets 11 x 17 folded. Except i can't get this to fold or staple. The sheets come out straight, flat and in order, just not folded or stapled. It is a Fiery RIP. I selected center staple from the Fiery menus, booklet from the main print menu.

Looks like I need to find a full manual, schematics, service and operators somewhere.

KenB
06-11-2011, 11:26 PM
You probably won't like this, but...

I had the same issue with the same model a few weeks ago, only with a Creo controller (similar to a Fiery).

Even though there have been firmware updates for the machine, as well as the Creo just for this purpose, I was told later that this is a limitation for this model.

Sorry...:(

anothertech
06-12-2011, 12:51 AM
Try it with 20lb bond paper, you cannot fold and staple heavy paper.
Oh, and take out that fuser web and throw it in the trash bin, run it without a web.

Merv
06-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Thanks 'Another' I read the same thing somewhere else which is why my original post was asking how to get into the service mode to cancel the count. And all I use is 20lb bond. The second machine folds and staples great and this one did a couple weeks ago. Problem, (off topic on this thread) with the second machine is it pukes yellow toner on the bottom edge of the paper for about an inch and a half.

Merv
06-13-2011, 07:32 PM
After printing and checking everything out this past weekend, and all worked well, this morning te error code came up again, SC29-22. And now i cannot get in using the P and 9272.

What gives? I tried holding 2 & 5 down through the start up cycle and that didn't work either.

Oh, wait, as I was typing the above I had unplugged everything and then restarted the unit (my forth time) and it started up properly.

Is this thing on it's monthly?

Custom Search