PDA

View Full Version : Would like to know some tips and tricks to prolong my drum life

Custom Search

Maindron1
06-12-2011, 11:19 PM
If anybody can let us in some tips and trick to prolong our drum life, that will be some money savers. Please share with us some of that knowledge.

Thank you.

rangertech
06-13-2011, 02:53 AM
office or production machine?

Maindron1
06-13-2011, 02:55 AM
It is a production machine (Konica 7155)

JustManuals
06-13-2011, 06:54 AM
Are you a technician or just another home user that wants the secrets of the trade from experts?

Maindron1
06-13-2011, 01:44 PM
Are you a technician or just another home user that wants the secrets of the trade from experts?

I am just just a self taught technician still trying to learn anything I can from the masters and I also run my own business for which I need these production machines and whenever I can fix the problem myself, it saves me a lot of money.

Thank you.

I3FusionGuy
06-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Well, buy a service manual so you can support the unit yourself. Unfortunately, there are no "tricks" to prolonging a consumable, especially if you want your production to continiously look professional. Its good to try and support your own equipment, but know your limits and have a professional to call when you get in over your head.

mrwho
06-13-2011, 04:25 PM
AFAIK there aren't too many secrets. Drums are consumables for a reason - they get consumed.

The few tips I can think of are:

- Never expose the drum to direct sunlight for any period of time and reduce the exposition to ambient light to the minimum.
- Change drum cleaning blade and toner roller when they reach end of life.

Can't really think of anything else...

Custom Search