PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C353 getting loud noise and error C3101

Custom Search

SmellsHot
06-13-2011, 06:39 PM
Kinda stuck on this one. Loud grinding like noise and then this error will occur. I've replaced the fuser and fuser drive assy(thinking pressure retraction gears) Still getting the noise and error. So I moved south and replaced main drive assy and feed drive assy(all of the driving assy's located in the rear) Machine is still doing the same thing! I hate this model because I can't run an individual test mode. Anyone got any suggestions?
TIA

JustManuals
06-13-2011, 07:32 PM
This Parts & Service manual can be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

SmellsHot
06-13-2011, 09:55 PM
Thanks but I have manuals!

DCPS
06-14-2011, 01:37 PM
Kinda stuck on this one. Loud grinding like noise and then this error will occur. I've replaced the fuser and fuser drive assy(thinking pressure retraction gears) Still getting the noise and error. So I moved south and replaced main drive assy and feed drive assy(all of the driving assy's located in the rear) Machine is still doing the same thing! I hate this model because I can't run an individual test mode. Anyone got any suggestions?
TIA

If you take out the transfer belt with all IUs installed try to move manually with your hand the white gear which moves the transfer belt. You should try both directions. Then if it's blocked try to take out all the toner and IUs and do the same thing. what happens?

SmellsHot
06-14-2011, 01:42 PM
The gears spin freely, when i watch them, even with the noise its making the gears still turn. I've booted machine up with iu's and toner's removed, thinking it would be main drive assy, but I still get noise. It's a weird one

minimerlin
06-14-2011, 08:43 PM
Waste toner system?

SmellsHot
06-15-2011, 06:00 PM
Still no luck! Machine is in a bazillion pieces and the only thing i cannot get to turn freely are the toner auger gears. AND how the hell do you get this damn thing out of the machine?!? The only screws I have left are the ones with the RED Loctite on them :(

big jase
06-16-2011, 01:29 AM
if its what i think, its your waste recycle gears, the two gears sit at right angle to each other on right side of machine .the one in frame of machine is conected to the long rod of waste recycle , i have had this on two of our modals c253 and c353. One of the gears are in the black gear box (if your lucky it will be this one!) if its the other that a whole new ball game, you have to start spilting the frame just to get out a £1.20 gear!

SmellsHot
06-16-2011, 01:04 PM
Alright, figured it out! Magenta toner cycling auger was clogged up with rock solid toner :)
Chiseled it out and its working fine now. I still have no clue how to actually remove the auger system though. Had the machine completely stripped!!
Thanks for all the info guys!

Custom Search