PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Konica Bizhub C552

Custom Search

MadCityCopy
06-13-2011, 08:22 PM
HELLLLLLLLP

Going to put it out there that this is the first 552 I have been on.

Il set the story. Customer bought this machine new back in '09, not from us. Owner switched hands so the machine sat idol for about a year. Flash forward to April. Guy wants us to service it. I go down see that the machine has 19xxx copies and say its a decent platform. Well in my course of doing a basic cleaning I run the machine and it starts throwing codes. First code was a C-2558, high (K) toner density. After running it a bit more it popped a C-B003 Fax error. Couldn't do anything with the fax error so I just disabled it. But now I am stuck with the C-2558 error. Before I was at least able to make a few copies before having to reset the front door for the code. I spoke with our rep and he mentioned the IU. Finally got the unit in and swapped it. Still throws the code on start up. I adjusted the TCR level as the hotline mentioned. And now I am just stuck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have read several responses on here stating they swapped the unit but I have already done that. GEWWWWWWWWW

sprawl
06-14-2011, 11:09 AM
Try change black toner.

And that new B IU can be broken. :)

MadCityCopy
06-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Honestly I thought about that. After thinking about it more it did sit unused for almost a year. When I shook the toner, it kind of sounded like rocks or something inside. I shook all of the toners and heard the same noise. It almost seemed like it was in the same spot everytime I shook ( thoughout the whole lenght of the toner container on all toners). I convinced myself it wasnt but am thinking twice now.

I will try that and see. Thanks!

kaibil911
06-16-2011, 03:31 AM
C2558: Abnormally high toner density detected black TCR sensor

Relevant parts
Developing unit /k
Toner cartridge /k
Sub hopper unit
Printer control board (PRCB)

Step Action
1 Reinstall developing unit /k— —
2 Reinstall toner cartridge — —
3 Change developing unit /k— —
4 PRCB ICP17 conduction check — —
5 Change PRCB — —
6 Change sub hopper unit — —

MadCityCopy
06-20-2011, 02:40 PM
Now is that the exact Bizhub C552 book?

Im basing my information off the ITC4 book so I know it cant be all too correct. I ask because the C4 book states "Image unit", where as yours seem to say "developing unit". I wish I would have known that first because it is almost point in that direction. My new toner will be here tomarrow so I will give that a shot first and check back up.

Thanks all for the help!

kronical
06-20-2011, 08:44 PM
Now is that the exact Bizhub C552 book?

Im basing my information off the ITC4 book so I know it cant be all too correct. I ask because the C4 book states "Image unit", where as yours seem to say "developing unit". I wish I would have known that first because it is almost point in that direction. My new toner will be here tomarrow so I will give that a shot first and check back up.

Thanks all for the help!

The image unit and developing unit on this machine are 2 separate items. Since the unit was sitting for so long, you may want to pull out the subhopper and clean them out, and be sure to replace the developing units/image units to ensure they are not stagnant and causing issues. They may not have a problem now, but you're darn straight they will cause a problem soon, whether it's error related or quality related. It's also a good idea to do a factory reset on the machine to clear out any old calibration data, and perform the initial setup steps, maybe even include a firmware update, which may help clear up the error codes related to the fax unit.

samir adam
06-17-2015, 09:22 PM
I HAVE THIS CODE BEFORE I GS ITS BAD TONER :confused::confused::confused:

splblazer91
06-18-2015, 04:24 AM
On the 4 series machines this is pretty much always the subhopper but in your case i would swap developer unit, toner bottle and then subhopper. Good Luck

Custom Search