PDA

View Full Version : C352 Firmware upgrade, issues with the CF card

Custom Search

lurker53
06-15-2011, 08:58 PM
Hi,

I've gotta upgrade the firmware on a customer's C352 but in the past I've always run into an error when I plug the card into this model. In broken English it says something like "please the correct card".

I've tried it using Kingston and Viking brand 128 mb cards with no luck. Apparently part of the issue is that the machines use some funky file system besides the usual fat/ntfs options.

Is there any specific way to format the card? The firmware imaging tool does seem to change the file system as it's no longer readable by windows, and it does say the firmware is written to the card successfully, and if I tell it to compare the firmware on the card to the firmware files on my pc it says everything checks out.

EDIT: One of my buddies suggested a command prompt based way of writing the firmware to the card, so I'll try that. Another alternative could be the Internet ISW so I guess I'll be reading up on the service manual so that I have options.

kaibil911
06-15-2011, 11:53 PM
konica review documents
if you do not, I send you the files
TNBT0600149EN00.pdf
DLBT0700466EN00.pdf
DLBT0702150EN01.pdf

emujo
06-16-2011, 10:13 PM
Once the CF card is windows formatted, it is difficult to make it usable in the color MFP again. I have had success recovering the CF card by using a hex editor program to read and copy a good card, writing all 0's to the corrupt card, and then copying the known good files back to the suspect card. My advice is to have one CF card that you ONLY use for the color boxes as you can re-write any color MFP firmware to this card as long as it stays unformatted (windows again). Emujo

Custom Search