PDA

View Full Version : Any Ways to restore the upper fuser roller?

Custom Search

Maindron1
06-16-2011, 01:01 AM
I have a Konica 7155 and I guess because the solenoid web won't advance it is messing up my upper fuser roller and the roller is leaving those black lines on my copies. I cleaned them with a soft cotton tissue but no result.

My question is:

Is there any way I can restore them so they won't leave those lines on my copies?

Thank you.

mojorolla
06-16-2011, 01:09 AM
Fix the web unit, then install a new roll. Once the surface is damaged, its almost impossible to "restore" a fuser roll. If you have no web, you will continue to get lines.....or worse.

Maindron1
06-16-2011, 02:19 AM
Fix the web unit, then install a new roll. Once the surface is damaged, its almost impossible to "restore" a fuser roll. If you have no web, you will continue to get lines.....or worse.

What is the most common problem with the solenoid web?

I notice that the switch works because I can hear it and if I open the front left door, I can see it activating the solenoid web but the web always get stuck. Do I need to remove the resistance spring on the side of the web?

bigdcopy
06-16-2011, 03:02 AM
I remove the spring because that is what Konica recomended to do when I went to training on this model and any others that use the same type of system.

SmellsHot
06-16-2011, 01:02 PM
Also if you don't reset the fixing web counter it will stop rotating after 300k!!

Maindron1
12-06-2012, 08:52 PM
I have an update on this post. The reason why the solenoid web will not progress is because the gear connecting it to the fusing unit is not the correct one, I am not sure why, but I guess that it could be because the one for 7165 is different from the one for 7155.

SmellsHot
12-07-2012, 09:45 PM
the 7155/7165 gears are the same, but the 600 f web gears are different....

Custom Search