PDA

View Full Version : Biz421

Custom Search

SPBE
06-20-2011, 10:16 PM
I'm working on a Biz421 that says that the pc407 can't be used at this time. I popped the tray open from the back and closed it and it works for now. I had this happen on the same model about a year ago and I upgraded the firmware and haven't had a problem since. The machine im working on now has V21 and a new CF card, which was replaced about 3 weeks ago. My question is, should I go ahead and reflash or is there something else that I'm missing. Thanks

kronical
06-20-2011, 10:29 PM
When this message appears, there will also be an exclamation point icon along the bottom of the screen. Touching it will give you a list of the reported error codes that caused the trouble. When an error occurs relating to a particular feature, the machine will disable that feature to prevent further damage/issues, yet remain functional so the machine is not completely down. Deal with those error codes, and you should be fine. However, it NEVER hurts to reflash a machine, especially if it is doing weird things. LIke I always say, if it's doing something illogical, update the logic. Even if it is already at the latest firmware level, the firmware on the machine may have become corrupted.

Custom Search