PDA

View Full Version : Cannot scan to email

Custom Search

ktovh8
06-22-2011, 03:56 PM
We have a C253 and I have been trying to scan to email unsuccessfully. I was able to get in to the administrator section and put in an administrator email address and machine email address. Then I rebooted the machine, and tried to scan to my email. After it finished scanning it said there was an error and I went to the job history and details. Under details it said there was a server connection error. Which I dont understand since We can print to the device.

Any help would be appreciated.

ineo+6501
06-22-2011, 04:07 PM
You need to input the ip address of your email server under the SMTP settings on the copier

ktovh8
06-22-2011, 05:11 PM
I just found out that we dont host our own email server, and the company that does will not give out the ip. Is there any way to do a work around on the ip, or do you know an email host which i can find the server ip?

delboy10
06-22-2011, 09:20 PM
Hello,
You can use mail server from gmail or yahoo provide that you have an email account with either one of them. As long as the machine have a proper network connection and of course internet access, you would be able to set the machine up for scan to email.

Gmail smtp server is smtp.gmail.com
SSL using Port 465

Yahoo smtp server is smtp.mail.yahoo.com
no SSL using port 25 and if SSL enable using port 995

Darren King
06-23-2011, 01:36 PM
You don't have to have the IP from your current provider. You can use their SMTP server address as well. If you are using Outlook for email, just click on tools, accounts, then change and the SMTP info will be displayed.
Hope this helps
Darren

Custom Search