PDA

View Full Version : KMBH C452: Need Power Generator Specs

Custom Search

kizi57
06-24-2011, 02:21 PM
Hi All,

I'm having problem in my country, almost 3 months now, we are having power/ electricity problem we only get 5 hrs power in a day.

Would like to know which power generator can produce enough electricity to run my Bizhub C452.

Currently i'm using UPS - APC 3000VA Backup, and i have 5.4KVA Generator but the generator can not start the UPS.

Thank you in advance..!..!

emujo
06-25-2011, 01:15 AM
1st..A UPS has no buisness on a MFP of this size and power specs. I would think it would drain it in a matter of min.
2nd.. unless you are able to run some kind of power conditioner/filter you are asking for additional problems. I belive you are better off with the power drop outs then trying to run the MFP on a generator.

Lastly...in the us, power requirements are 120V 20 amp service, max power is rated at under 2100 watts or less. Emujo

KenB
06-25-2011, 03:07 AM
A simple Google search revealed that Tanzania has been experiencing rolling blackouts for a few years now. That at least somewhat implies that there may very well be experts right in your area who are better suited to answer your question; I'm sure that you're not alone in this.

However, as Emujo said, you very well may be better off living with the outages rather than taking a chance on damaging your equipment. My personal feeling is that you may very well need a monster of a generator and regulator, which would most likely be extremely cost prohibitive.

For whatever it may be worth, years ago I had a customer who was a mobile billing service who ran Canon copiers in vans with generators. I don't know how they managed to stay in business with all the issues that their generators caused, and that was when machines were nowhere nearly as power sensitive as they are now.

Custom Search