PDA

View Full Version : C253 firmware upgrade via Internet ISW

Custom Search

lurker53
06-24-2011, 03:47 PM
Hi,

It seems I misplaced my 128 CF card, and after looking through the service manual I came across this nifty sounding feature which I haven't had the pleasure of working with. Generally, we've always used and been told to use CF cards.

The way I understand it, I can slap a FTP server like xlight on my laptop, hook it up to the network, extract the firmware files at the root of the ftp server, and then on the machine just put ftp://mylaptop'sIP/ (ftp://mylaptop'sIP/firmware.whatever), the username and password, and the file name. This is assuming I've already picked the data input setting, port, and timeout.

So...ideally, in a perfect world, this would work according to plan?

emujo
06-24-2011, 05:12 PM
Probably wont get too much help on this one, like you we pretty much use the CF cards. Ed

RRodgers
06-24-2011, 06:01 PM
Hi,

It seems I misplaced my 128 CF card, and after looking through the service manual I came across this nifty sounding feature which I haven't had the pleasure of working with. Generally, we've always used and been told to use CF cards.

The way I understand it, I can slap a FTP server like xlight on my laptop, hook it up to the network, extract the firmware files at the root of the ftp server, and then on the machine just put ftp://mylaptop'sIP/ (ftp://mylaptop'sIP/firmware.whatever), the username and password, and the file name. This is assuming I've already picked the data input setting, port, and timeout.

So...ideally, in a perfect world, this would work according to plan?

$7 free shipping
256MB Cactus Compact Flash Industrial Grade | eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/256MB-Cactus-Compact-Flash-Industrial-Grade-/160607432191?pt=Digital_Camera_Memory_Cards&hash=item2564f2edff) perm fix.

lurker53
06-24-2011, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the link ^

I was able to run the firmware upgrade from a local ftp server, as planned. The only one that didn't update was the MFP Controller, for which it gave me a Copy Protection error of some sort, but everything else updated successfully I can probably read up on it in the service manual when I have time later today.

Unfortunately it didn't solve the problem, so now it's time to replace their print control board (original problem was print/fax rx quality due to a surge, copy was fine).

Thanks for the responses.

rbridges
01-02-2015, 07:35 PM
Hi,

I know this thread is quite old but I thought somebody might still be around to help.

I'm trying to update the firmware on a Bizhub C352 via CF card but the cards I already have it doesn't like. Can anyone recommend a 100% compatible card or point me to one on ebay, better still available in the UK.

I've heard the following cards may be compatible, any ideas?
Sandisk Ultra 2 256mb
Sandisk Shoot & Store 128mb
Cisco MEM3800 256mb

Thanks Rob.

RRodgers
01-03-2015, 06:25 AM
SanDisk should work

Leduck
02-16-2018, 12:29 PM
Sorry to reactivate this topic, but I'm having problems with the card too and I'm trying via FTP, I just do not know what to put in filename since after extracting the firmware there are several files.

Synthohol
04-30-2018, 01:18 PM
IIRC dont extract them.

Custom Search