PDA

View Full Version : c500 black dev

Custom Search

texchar555
08-28-2007, 03:38 AM
working on c500 with 41k prints. For the past few days they have been replacing the black dev units. I replaced it today and noticed that on the dev the front end had hardly any developer on it looked like the mag is broken or something. This makes it 3 times . this is what I noticed when I was there. When you take out the black dev unit theres dev on the metal frame above the drum and below ,clean everywhere else. and below that is the drum sensor. UMMM could the sensor be causing it to mess up?

mikeena
08-28-2007, 04:09 AM
well i wish i could say the sensor could do it but i personally i have not see this problem. lol what i have seen is when you take the dev unit apart either the ogger is starting to fall apart or its broke. most commonly with these scenarios pardon if i spelled it wrong but if you run a full pattern half of the color is there the other half is gone or almost gone.

AusiTech
08-28-2007, 10:13 AM
working on c500 with 41k prints. For the past few days they have been replacing the black dev units. I replaced it today and noticed that on the dev the front end had hardly any developer on it looked like the mag is broken or something. This makes it 3 times . this is what I noticed when I was there. When you take out the black dev unit theres dev on the metal frame above the drum and below ,clean everywhere else. and below that is the drum sensor. UMMM could the sensor be causing it to mess up?
Sounds to me like the toner is not supplying enough or the machine is not level. These machines do get fairly dirty around the frame/housing etc so i'd expect that as normal.

fixerboy
08-31-2007, 01:04 AM
Are You Sure Your Putting In C500 Dev & Not The 8050/5001 Dev That Would Cause Your Problem Too... There Not The Same

JSC
08-31-2007, 02:26 PM
Also check the grid positon on the black charge assy, i have had a very similar fault due to this.

mikeena
09-01-2007, 03:02 AM
you talking to me about the problem i was having

Custom Search