PDA

View Full Version : CQ tweaking color on the print driver.

Custom Search

jmaister
06-28-2011, 01:30 AM
For the new Alphards.

Got a machine going finally, impressed with the speed, but color not so much especially to have a 750c somewhere in the office to compare.

Does it make much difference if I go tweaking color setting in the driver?

blackcat4866
06-28-2011, 01:47 AM
I went that route with a VoyagerE, and made some small improvements, but it was never going to be a Saturn.

ICC print profiles helped a little, but noting magical. By shifting the color wheel towards red I was able to mask the original problem. I tried literally every driver color adjustment or combinations thereof. I tried 4 different applications, three different driver versions, different firmware versions. Mostly I just made it worse. And spent 15+ hours doing so.
=^..^=

jmaister
06-28-2011, 02:10 AM
this brings up another question, is the Kyo-shiba the same WITHOUT the Fiery?

edit: not to bring negative attention to this series, this is solely to seek improvement on performance. when I meant fast printing, its FAST! even with pdf format. Scanning operation is zippy as well.

blackcat4866
06-29-2011, 02:15 AM
No. The fiery makes a big difference.

dogg_man
06-30-2011, 03:04 AM
The fiery really does make a difference in color accuracy, get yourself a PANTONE color bridge and ES-1000 spectrophotometer and you can upload any color your having an issue with. Of course this is assuming that the copier is properly maintained.

Custom Search