PDA

View Full Version : Sand clock bizhub 601

Custom Search

aleksander
06-28-2011, 04:24 AM
Hi all,
Anyone have experience with bizhub 601? When I turn on the main and sub power switch, sand clock occured and KM logo not appear. No warming up, only cooling fan on OACB turn on. The machine cannot be used. I've already check the DC power supply unit and it's normal.
Anyone please help me for the solution.
Thank you.

JustManuals
06-28-2011, 06:10 AM
This Parts & Service manual can be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals | The Internet's largest selection of manuals | Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Driti
06-28-2011, 11:51 AM
any help for this case please, i have the same problem....but on my case I listen only the cooler and bizhub 601 is rebooting

mo0651
06-28-2011, 02:11 PM
could be a corrupt cf card. use the reformat procedure in the manual and suggested by tech support.

Driti
06-28-2011, 02:38 PM
any help for reformat procedure of cf card? Because when i connect it to the computer all computer freeze...

Gaffers01
06-28-2011, 02:43 PM
I have come across this problem 3 times in the last 18 months on colour boxes,
Once i did a NVram recovery and the machine was fine, the other 2 i had to replace the PWB-MFP board.

TheOwl
06-29-2011, 01:46 AM
If you are a Konica Minolta Autorised rep, then have a look at the bulletins. Sometimes its the CF Card becoming corrupt or it can also be the logic board.

In the case of the logic board, ICP 12 - 14 might blow because of a short in on of the trays caused by the tray lift wearing through the wiring harness for the paper size detection pot. The quickest way to determine if this is the case is to check continuity on the ICP's on the logic board (I'm pretty sure its the logic board, but the one at the bottom left of the machine when looking at the rear or the machine). If any of these have blown, then you will need to check trays 3 and 4 for a worn harness under the tray lift.

suso73os
06-29-2011, 06:04 PM
There is a service note:

The display will not continue beyond the hourglass screen at power up.

[Solution]

PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. Corrupt System and/or Image CF card Boot ROM file.
Update the CF card Boot ROM file (bizhub 600/750) or System Boot ROM and Image Boot ROM files (bizhub 601/751).

2. A failed or corrupt HDD.
Physically disconnect the HDD from the machine and reboot. If the machine comes to ready and is operating, the HDD has failed. If, after reconnecting the HDD, you can enter the Service Mode, try formatting the HDD to recover it. If it cannot be recovered, replace the Hard Disk Drive (HD-503 - Item #15NL for bizhub 600/750 or HD-510 - Item #A0P7WY1 for bizhub 601/751).

remati
07-02-2011, 07:15 PM
CF card certenly...
-do not format it ...just delete ......if you format the, card you will kill it....
-after delete the, card , copy/paste de new firmware,to it
-if the card is corrupt you must ask for a new one to the fctory (konicaMinolta original card)

aleksander
07-04-2011, 04:04 AM
OK thanks all. CF card problem.

Driti
07-13-2011, 11:09 AM
Can I have a link for downloding CF card firmware, which is the last one?

remati
07-13-2011, 07:14 PM
...impossible to give you the link because it is a secure site and only those with authorized access can enter...but for help you ...you go to another machine and copy de files to your Lap top and then copy to your card and donīt fotget....DO NOT FORMAT THE CARD just delete the files

Driti
07-14-2011, 08:17 AM
I have authorized access on KM site but firmwares there do not have the files i see on cf card, can you tell me which is the file...

kronical
04-26-2012, 06:16 PM
CF card certenly...
-do not format it ...just delete ......if you format the, card you will kill it....
-after delete the, card , copy/paste de new firmware,to it
-if the card is corrupt you must ask for a new one to the fctory (konicaMinolta original card)

Great, so how do you delete/copy files to the CF card if it can't be read by Windows due to it's format???

HoonBoy
04-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Great, so how do you delete/copy files to the CF card if it can't be read by Windows due to it's format???It can be seen in windows...if you can't it must be really defective...Before you put a new card, make a backup from all the files from the new card, and you can use it to copy those files on a CF card with corrupted data...If you are able to copy the folders NVRAM, SET and ADJ folders from the "old" CF card, you could paste them later on the "fixed" or new card, and you will have your settings and address book back...worked for me so far...

EarthKmTech
04-26-2012, 10:20 PM
FYI, none in stock in australia - had this problem earlier this week, still waiting for my new card.

in my experience once the card is corrupt your wasting your time trying to fix it, it has never worked for me. (machine may start up ok, but functionality will be limmited, ie, cant access admin mode, cant network print etc)

HoonBoy
04-26-2012, 10:25 PM
FYI, none in stock in australia - had this problem earlier this week, still waiting for my new card.in my experience once the card is corrupt your wasting your time trying to fix it, it has never worked for me. (machine may start up ok, but functionality will be limmited, ie, cant access admin mode, cant network print etc)I once had the problem that i could not enter admin mode with a new CF card(password incorrect, and unable to reset(freeze))... Untill i deleted all data from CF Card and copied my previous backup from a new CF card... My guess later was that i received a bizhub 751 instead a bizhub 601 CF card...

EarthKmTech
04-26-2012, 10:29 PM
751 & 601 use the same part number for the card - atleast in my parts book. I hope I don't have the same problem

kronical
04-26-2012, 10:32 PM
It can be seen in windows...if you can't it must be really defective...Before you put a new card, make a backup from all the files from the new card, and you can use it to copy those files on a CF card with corrupted data...If you are able to copy the folders NVRAM, SET and ADJ folders from the "old" CF card, you could paste them later on the "fixed" or new card, and you will have your settings and address book back...worked for me so far...Funny, since not even CF cards created in the fw toolkit are visible in windows and theres nothing wrong with them.

EarthKmTech
04-26-2012, 10:36 PM
the very reason the fw imaging tool kit is required is because those cards are NOT in a windows compatible format. (linux computers can read them though)

The card for the 601/751 is FAT format and is readable by windows, but again, do not format it or the machine will reject it.

kronical
04-26-2012, 10:39 PM
the very reason the fw imaging tool kit is required is because those cards are NOT in a windows compatible format. (linux computers can read them though)The card for the 601/751 is FAT format and is readable by windows, but again, do not format it or the machine will reject it.No its not FAT even according to the manual. its in vxworks format. Hence why you cant format it. if it was FAT you certainly would be able to format it.

HoonBoy
04-26-2012, 10:42 PM
751 & 601 use the same part number for the card - atleast in my parts book. I hope I don't have the same problemYour right same part number...Could be difference in firmware from machine and CF card, there's a different in part number:Firmware versionPart numberVersion 19 and beforeA0PNR72300Version 20 and laterA0PNR72311

EarthKmTech
04-26-2012, 10:44 PM
you can most certainly read/write to the 601/751 cards in a windows PC regardless I assure you. The cards created for other machines in fw imaging tool kit, you cannot.

HoonBoy
04-26-2012, 10:49 PM
you can most certainly read/write to the 601/751 cards in a windows PC regardless I assure you. The cards created for other machines in fw imaging tool kit, you cannot.I can for sure confirm this.... But it is vxWorks...

EarthKmTech
04-26-2012, 10:55 PM
Edit is not working -

the format of the card is compatible with FAT and that's what windows assumes it is at least on my PC, that doesn't mean it IS FAT. My apologies for incorrectly asserting that IT IS FAT when it isn't.

What format are the regular firmware update cards created in, as they are NOT readable by windows...

When i receive my new card for stock, I'm going to analyze the hell out of it and attempt to replicate it on my Linux box. (sure beats paying $247 for a $10 card)

kronical
05-06-2012, 03:51 AM
Ok so got the replacement CF and did some testing on readability. With the clarification provided here helped confirm the old CF was definitely bad. Thanks guys.

impaqsol
02-19-2013, 04:02 AM
Hi Guys,

Hope you can help. I bought a BH601 that it stays in the Konica Minolta Screen. As per what I had read in this forums is that the CF Card is bad. Well I took another CF Card and nothing. Now I took my CF Card installed it in the other copier and everything is in Chinese or someting similar ( don't understand). I'm getting to think that the HDD was wipe out and that is why could not read the good (CF card in english) that I put.

Any suggestions?

Thxs,
Rad

TheOwl
02-19-2013, 05:38 AM
First Suggestion - Start your own thread rather than hi-jacking someone elses.

Second Suggestion - Realise that firmware on different machines means that you can not simply swap the CF card from machine to machine.

Have you replaced the CF Card?

Have you tried updating the firmware?

RRodgers
10-04-2013, 07:52 PM
Edit is not working -

the format of the card is compatible with FAT and that's what windows assumes it is at least on my PC, that doesn't mean it IS FAT. My apologies for incorrectly asserting that IT IS FAT when it isn't.

What format are the regular firmware update cards created in, as they are NOT readable by windows...

When i receive my new card for stock, I'm going to analyze the hell out of it and attempt to replicate it on my Linux box. (sure beats paying $247 for a $10 card)

I've downloaded a VxWorks OS and have been looking at the cards. They are formmated in fat but it's fat16 if you look at the card it's w95 Fat16 LBA (0x0e)

I have a spare 256 card and I've formmated it the same and copied the recovery software to it WILL NOT WORK!!! I don't know what piece of magic I'm missing (I've even clicked the bootable check box) so IDK. I wanna call Konica and see if they would tell me but I doubt they will. I guess I could clone a working one maybe eh? Is there any SN info on the cards? I'm sure I might have a problem if I clone an working one over to a broke one. Anyone try it?

TheOwl
10-06-2013, 11:01 PM
I have managed to clone the files from a stuffed card to a new one and have everything work after doing that. It was only because the card was still readable that I could do this.

Custom Search