PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Torque limiter

Custom Search

beweak
06-28-2011, 09:43 PM
it was my first time to post here,

I would like to ask regarding the C6500/C6501, about the TORQUE LIMITER under the FUSING UNIT, what is the use/purpose of this limiter........can any one share some ideas regarding this.............

Thank you ..........

habik
06-29-2011, 12:10 AM
Have no experience with C6500 or so but Torque Limiters are used to eliminate any unnecessary movement or slow down by using either magnetic or friction element. It is widely used on separation rollers under feed tyres (separation Tyre).

I would imagine that it is there to slow the rollers of not over slipping forward if oneway bearing is used, but I might be wrong as this is just from my head haven't seen any manuals yet :)

Good Luck

empiru
06-29-2011, 05:27 PM
Habik,

You said you are not sure about what you are saying - well let me tell you, you are 100% right :)
Beweak, all the information you want was just given to you by Habik.

beweak
06-29-2011, 07:50 PM
Thank you so much HABIK................

mr_drucken
07-21-2011, 08:25 AM
torque limiter used for timing,.when the fusing belt engange and release..mr_drucken

charginga
10-06-2011, 04:26 AM
Torque limiter very important for fusing work,so many things that will be caused as very long warming up.

JustManuals
10-06-2011, 05:31 AM
I only have experience with these on HP printers, but what happens is, that from rubbing against the magnet, the limiter builds up with magnetic shavings inside the limiter and once in a while you have to take it apart and take out about 50% of the shavings. Then re-assemble it. This little tidbit of information is not listed in any HP service manual.

HtH

Paul@justmanuals.com

Custom Search