PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous BizHub C353 Running off of Windows Server 2008

Custom Search

Brischaffer
06-29-2011, 08:45 PM
I have customer that has a C353 and it's using Windows Server 2008. They have had this machine for over 2 years. I have them set up scanning using SMB. They had an employee leave so the IT guy deleted them from the machine. Then they got a new employee and there IT guy went to set them up to scan. For some reason everytime you scan to this new person you get an error saying "Login Error". So I went and set it up directly to the new persons computer and it worked just like it should. So that takes the copier out of the equation. I dont know much about Windows Server 2008. If I had to guess it some kind of rights issue. Has anyone had this happen to them before???

habik
06-29-2011, 11:24 PM
login with domain pswrd

emujo
06-30-2011, 01:30 PM
Here's what I do in these situations...
Obtain the Domain Name, log into the admin mode...network settings SMB settings..Print settings..change the default workgroup name from "workgroup' to the domain name. (leave the ".XXX off). Back out of admin and enter user mode..create 1 touch..address book..SMB..go to page 2 and touch reference. Now you should be able to see the entire network structure of the account. Drill down from here and find the host you want to scan to. User Name and password should pop up. Enter the domain admin or local domain user with access to the scan folder, then drill down again until you get to the folder you are looking for. Once this works, you can go into page scope, look at the one touch and see what the MFP put into the fields that you were missing. Emujo

lurker53
06-30-2011, 09:12 PM
A possible issue could be the permissions on that scanned files folder. Hopefully this makes some sense, I use way too many commas.

Perhaps the folder, let's say "Scanned Files" has permissions set so that the Administrators group can read, write, and execute, and maybe the Accounting Department group can read, write, and execute. Everyone else is explicitly denied access. (by default it's actually read only, so they can't write to the folder)

When the new user, let's call him John, had his account created, it was placed in the default Users group, not Administrators or Accounting Department. So when you try to scan with John's specific credentials, you (on the copier) simply don't have permission to access the folder because it's explicitly denied.

So basically, just make sure that John's account has the right permissions for the folder, or that he's in the appropriate group which does have the permissions.

I typically just create a scanner account on the server and give it the appropriate permissions specifically to the scan folder, that way I can keep using just those credentials for every SMB destination. If it's an issue of who can access the folder, you could set permissions for each user as well.

Custom Search