PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c6500

Custom Search

newbie12
06-29-2011, 11:19 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to print a brochure using 2 colors (PMS and black) to print the black/grayscale in true black or grayscale? The grayscale parts of the project prints with a slight tint of magenta.. sometimes it prints with a yellow tint and sometimes, blue.... any ideas on how I can get rid of the tints and still print the PMS color as how it's suppose to look? Thank you in advance!

JDZ
06-30-2011, 02:00 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to print a brochure using 2 colors (PMS and black) to print the black/grayscale in true black or grayscale? The grayscale parts of the project prints with a slight tint of magenta.. sometimes it prints with a yellow tint and sometimes, blue.... any ideas on how I can get rid of the tints and still print the PMS color as how it's suppose to look? Thank you in advance!

Hi and welcome to the forum

- Is the project in PDF format? If so and you have the Pitstop plugin for Acrobat, open the file, change the tint values of the problem areas from CMYK (or RGB) to greyscale only and resend the file to the RIP. If you try and print the whole file as greyscale using Print Manager, it'll obviously make the PMS greyscale as well.

Hope that helps??

Cheers

newbie12
06-30-2011, 05:54 PM
Hi JDZ :)

Thank you for your respsonse... I don't have the Pitstop plugin but will look into it... and follow your suggestion...

Custom Search