PDA

View Full Version : KM 4050 Garbage printing

Custom Search

jummamaster
06-30-2011, 01:53 PM
KM 4050 when connected to the network, it starts printing garbage without any print job sent to the machine. Drivers have been installed in express mode. help will be appreciated.

Jules Winfield
06-30-2011, 05:30 PM
It sounds like there is PC on the network with a corrupted print driver or printer object. Is this a shared printer? If it is I would start with the print server PC.

blackcat4866
07-01-2011, 12:30 AM
The "garbage" you describe is usually a single line of smiley faces, hearts, or wing-dings on each page, usually hundreds of pages. It's called a PostScript error, but is not limited to the PostScript print emulation. The characters you see are the actual lines of code being sent to the printer, one line per page.

You can get a PostScript error any time the printer cannot understand the print language emulation being sent to it. Here are a few of many possible causes:
1) The print driver is selected to PCLXL (or PCL6: same thing), and the printer is selected to KPDL (or PostScript: same thing). Or vice versa. Or line printer, or one of many possible print emulations. The settings must match, or the printer must be set to "Auto" to self determine which emulation to use.
2) The print emulation data in the header of the print job is corrupt, so the printer cannot determine what language to use. This can be caused by a bad cable, a corrupt print driver, or possibly having multiple versions of the same print driver loaded on the same server.
3) The hardest one to narrow down is when the data coming to the printer is not really print data at all. It's some other kind of data being sent to the printers IP address, usually from an automated source.

Start with checking the print emulations, then stripping the print drivers, and loading the latest versions of the print drivers to the servers. =^..^=

kyocera.team
07-01-2011, 07:50 PM
i face same this problem i solved bu making netbeui off , in command center click on advanced link then in the left side click on netbeui link then make it off .good luck

Jules Winfield
07-01-2011, 07:56 PM
i face same this problem i solved bu making netbeui off , in command center click on advanced link then in the left side click on netbeui link then make it off .good luck

Good point. I would also disable Appletalk and Bonjour if there are no Macs printing to this device as they tend to be a couple of the more chatty protocols.

jummamaster
07-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Thanks to all for your precious opinion. Turning off Netbeui solved the problem. :)

KenB
07-03-2011, 12:44 AM
Thanks to all for your precious opinion. Turning off Netbeui solved the problem. :)

Glad to hear that worked.

I guess we don't normally even think about NetBEUI anymore because it's an unused protocol these days, and no current MFP (that I know of) even offers it.

NeoMatrix
07-03-2011, 04:13 AM

Good info...
I have had this problem in the past. I fixed the problem by removing the stand alone USB printer driver and configuring the printer for ethernet KX driver. Turns out the customer liked it being on the network as many others could now use the printer.

Thanks again for the info will keep an eye on the netbeui driver in the future.

B0265
07-05-2011, 12:47 PM
This can be caused by some computer infected with the "Bugbear" virus. Turning the Netbeui off on Kyocera printers normally stops the garbabage printing.
W32.Bugbear@mm | Symantec (http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2002-093007-2144-99)

Custom Search