PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Mac print error on Bizhub C451

Custom Search

jasonofx
06-30-2011, 03:18 PM
Technically, this is a connectivity issue, but I thought more eyes might fall on this if I posted it here instead. I have a Bizhub C451 with Account Track enabled. I have a Mac OS 10.6 computer. Was printing fine until the OSX10.6.8 update happened over the weekend, now it won't print. When you send a print job, the printer on the Mac itself goes to paused, and when you try to re-start the job, it just pauses the printer again and the job stays in the queue. It never makes it to the copier.

All other computers on the network can print with no problems.

Here's what I've tried to fix it: Uninstalled ALL konica .ppd printer files from /libraries/printer (or whatever the path is), removed EVERY bit of Konica printer ANYTHING. Re-downloaded the correct current print driver. Still gets exact same problem. Tried an older print driver, exact same problem.

Suggestions? :confused:

habik
06-30-2011, 05:09 PM
Wow..it seems like OSX 10.6.x is getting fairly fluffy with Konica Drivers. I have similar but rather different issue with my clients Filemaker 11 Pro on OSX 10.6

Can you rollback ?

emujo
06-30-2011, 06:40 PM
Just saw this interdepartment email..it may help...

Apple has released Mac OS 10.6.8 on June 23rd, 2011. This
update is causing major printing issues where a user has a TCP/IP
printer and USB printer running on the same system. Apple currently
has over 140 support tickets on their forums going with this issue.

The problem so far has been tracked down to the /usr/libexec/cups/
backend/ filter. Apple is aware of this problem is working to fix the
issue. There are a few articles out there on the internet giving
advice on how to fix this problem and they are not even close to the
mark.

Not exactly a fix, but let us know if this fits your situation. Emujo

jasonofx
07-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Wow..it seems like OSX 10.6.x is getting fairly fluffy with Konica Drivers. I have similar but rather different issue with my clients Filemaker 11 Pro on OSX 10.6

Can you rollback ?

I dunno... can you rollback an update on a Mac? I've been a Mac user for 10 years, but have never had to do this, or even try. I'll have to Google it, thanks for the sugg.

Just saw this interdepartment email..it may help...

Apple has released Mac OS 10.6.8 on June 23rd, 2011. This
update is causing major printing issues where a user has a TCP/IP
printer and USB printer running on the same system. Apple currently
has over 140 support tickets on their forums going with this issue.

The problem so far has been tracked down to the /usr/libexec/cups/
backend/ filter. Apple is aware of this problem is working to fix the
issue. There are a few articles out there on the internet giving
advice on how to fix this problem and they are not even close to the
mark.

Not exactly a fix, but let us know if this fits your situation. Emujo

At least it's sort of a "well-known" issue. I'll pass this along to the customer, I already told him that a backup/reinstall would for sure fix the issue....you can imagine how he responded :)

jasonofx
07-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Just spoke to a buddy who used to do Konica connectivity for my company, he now owns/operates a Mac repair/resale facility. (Seems like the PERFECT person to ask this to, right?) Anyway, he said the options are a full wipe/reload, or wait for Apple to address this print issue and release a fix.

dallas
07-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Read this thread: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3137602?start=0&tstart=0
Fix the problem: http://www.geocities.jp/horiemonmail/Repair10.6.8.dmg

jasonofx
07-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Read this thread: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3137602?start=0&tstart=0
Fix the problem: http://www.geocities.jp/horiemonmail/Repair10.6.8.dmg

Damn! Read the first and last pages of the thread, thanks for finding this! It'll probably be Tuesday before I can remote in to the customer and try this, but I'll post a follow-up.

emujo
07-01-2011, 07:53 PM
This has turned into a nightmare for our MAC customers...they are screaming at us to "get this fixed". Our support center has logged hundreds of calls just today. It is affecting all MFP brands, and even the little "office depot" networked boxes. USB printing does not seem to be affected. We are just saying "sorry" this is an apple issue and other than recommending a rollback to the earlier version there is nothing we can do. Man I'm glad that 99% of my customers are Windows. (not that Microsoft doesn't release some doozies. Emujo

jasonofx
07-01-2011, 08:20 PM
After reading some more of the thread posted above, I turned off SNMP on the copier, and the Mac printing started working again. I do not need SNMP at this location, so this is an acceptable fix for me. It also says that you can rename the SNMP settings from "public" and "private" to "Public" and "Private" with capital P's, and this will supposedly remedy the problem as well. I did not get to try the geocities patch link, but I think my boss is going to see if it works next week, he has a location that has a LOT of macs.

THANKS FOR HELPING ME FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

habik
07-02-2011, 03:03 PM
After reading some more of the thread posted above, I turned off SNMP on the copier, and the Mac printing started working again. I do not need SNMP at this location, so this is an acceptable fix for me. It also says that you can rename the SNMP settings from "public" and "private" to "Public" and "Private" with capital P's, and this will supposedly remedy the problem as well. I did not get to try the geocities patch link, but I think my boss is going to see if it works next week, he has a location that has a LOT of macs.

THANKS FOR HELPING ME FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would this fix the Filemaker Issue Iam having? What do you reckon?

jasonofx
07-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Would this fix the Filemaker Issue Iam having? What do you reckon?

Not sure, don't know anything about Filemaker. Actually, I had to re-enable SNMP on the copier because I couldn't configure a couple of Vista and Win 7 pc's to work properly with SNMP off. I hear that you need to replace some files in the CUPS/backend folder with some copied from that same folder on a Mac running 10.6.7. I read that you can use time machine to do this. I will attach a PDF with some instructions on how to do this.

Custom Search