PDA

View Full Version : CQ C552 Low density on 2nd side

Custom Search

Eugene74
07-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Good day fellows

Got a C552 with 150K copies on. Customer complaint that when they make copies on card the second side is much lighter in density than the first side. its 160 gram paper, made copies as far as thick 4 to see if it made any differance, but no luck. Then adjusting Transfer output fine adjustment on 1st and 2nd transfer, Up the TCR levels, Set Dmax setting higher, adjusted thick paper density ans ended with adjusting monochrome density adjustment. But no luck, some of the settings made quality worse, but not one of them made a slight improvement. So by now I'm with my hands in my hair, and pulling them out slowly but surely.

Would appreciate if anybode could assist me with this "little" problem

Many Thanks
Eugene

scanrail
07-01-2011, 12:42 PM
Does the same apply if you put 80 gsm through?

mo0651
07-01-2011, 03:17 PM
there are a lot of adjustments in xpert user section. even for thick paper. take a look in there.

kalindd
07-01-2011, 06:54 PM
I'm pretty much sure that paper is to blame.
Take same weight mondi paper and try then.
If quality is ok then there you go.

Another thing to try is to take some of customer's paper and try it different C552. To will be there any problem.

scanrail
07-02-2011, 07:47 AM
It sounds like the problem could be due to the surface of the copying paper/card could be going through a change after being fused once ( after single side has been completed), because of the thickness of the card the pressure in fixing will be much greater possibly causing a sheene on the card or texture that is affecting the image transfer during second side copying. Try standard paper.

Eugene74
07-04-2011, 07:11 AM
Thanx Guys

I came right. Only had half the info. Was when customer put 2nd side through at the bypass. So the adjustments for 2nd side didn't had any effect. We took the paper stock and send it through as a double sided document and quality was perfect. And to answer the question, on 80gsm, quality were perfect as well. So thanx for all the help and input, got this thing out of the way.

Many Thanks

Custom Search