PDA

View Full Version : Error Code C552 Error C2555

Custom Search

emujo
07-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Original tech went on vacation amd left me this...C552 at ver B8. Getting C2555 error code. Looked at level history and Y/M are both around 3%. Subhoppers are so full that Y/M toner is dropping into covers. Since Y/M toner bottles are both operated by 1 motor, I assume this section is working. Manually add Y toner to get % back up to 7% and immdiatly get C2553 (M level low) add M and get everything up and running. Original tech replaced Y I/U but obviously this didn't help. Customer runs minimal amount of color (less than 1%) so MFP should run until levels drop back under threshold....So where is the problem??? Toner bottles have plenty of toner, sub hoppers are packed. No toner is dropping into IUs. What are the chances that both the Y and M hoppers are defective? Not sure if I read the manual correctly...Are the sub hoppers just too full and the read switch is sending a false signal not allowing them to add toner to the IU, or do I have an issue with the PRCB? Not much you can see while operating. If you've seen this issue before please drop me a note. Emujo

sprawl
07-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Try to: remove hopper assy and clear y/m.
Try to: update firmware
Try to: check 4036 5347 02 SHUTTER is ok to move when you put iu back.

emujo
07-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Going back out with hopper assy, and PRCB. I'll post my results..just fustrated with this particular familys lack of a proper test mode...You can't turn on motors and clutches like the 601... come on..the manual says "check signal at point xxx" Has anyone tried to get the standard simpson leads into the connectors on these MFPs? Let alone the fact that my eyes aren't what they used to be...There is still a ton of separation between mfps in KM some are still "minolta" and some are still Konica. Anyway, I digest...Emujo

Ianizer
07-06-2011, 09:09 PM
Hey Emujo,
What Sprawl said...

Also... sigh... C-2555... Got an MFP board, too?

Had the same issue awhile back. Found a staple on one of my toner motors... and I was almost positive I had a popped MFP... But it might have been PRCB.

I think you're on the right track.

Let us know!

-I

Spratt
07-07-2011, 01:26 AM
Hey Emujo,

Ive come across something that sounds very similar and it turned out the toner had compacted and gone hard in the chute between hopper and IU.
A small gap was left so when you ran toner manually the percentage went up and appeared to be working. This was at a customer that did a low amount of colour and was in a warm room. Maybe worth taking a look at.

Cheers Brian.

Ianizer
07-07-2011, 04:47 AM
Original tech went on vacation amd left me this...

Just take a deep breath.
You got this.
Wooosa....

C552 at ver B8. Getting C2555 error code. Looked at level history and Y/M are both around 3%. Subhoppers are so full that Y/M toner is dropping into covers. Since Y/M toner bottles are both operated by 1 motor, I assume this section is working. Manually add Y toner to get % back up to 7% and immdiatly get C2553 (M level low) add M and get everything up and running. Original tech replaced Y I/U but obviously this didn't help. Customer runs minimal amount of color (less than 1%) so MFP should run until levels drop back under threshold....So where is the problem??? Toner bottles have plenty of toner, sub hoppers are packed. No toner is dropping into IUs. What are the chances that both the Y and M hoppers are defective?

Just been reviewing your issue against my resourses, and it definately sounds like a PRCB.
Remarkably similar to an issue I had awhile back. Coming back to me now... Wish I had time to review the service history on that machine for you!
M9-10-11-12 are all run by the PRCB (must be a couple sub-circuits that operate M9-10 & M11-12).

Not sure if I read the manual correctly...Are the sub hoppers just too full and the read switch is sending a false signal not allowing them to add toner to the IU, or do I have an issue with the PRCB? Not much you can see while operating. If you've seen this issue before please drop me a note. Emujo

Might be overthinking the switches. I'm thinking PRCB.

Going back out with hopper assy, and PRCB. I'll post my results..
Looking forward to the update.

just fustrated with this particular familys lack of a proper test mode...You can't turn on motors and clutches like the 601... come on..the manual says "check signal at point xxx" Has anyone tried to get the standard simpson leads into the connectors on these MFPs? Let alone the fact that my eyes aren't what they used to be...

LOL! I know.
Probably damage it without a needle probe.:rolleyes:

Hey Emujo,

Ive come across something that sounds very similar and it turned out the toner had compacted and gone hard in the chute between hopper and IU.
A small gap was left so when you ran toner manually the percentage went up and appeared to be working. This was at a customer that did a low amount of colour and was in a warm room. Maybe worth taking a look at.

Cheers Brian.

Definately take a look at that.
I'm kind of doubting that was the original cause (assuming it's not aftermarket toner).
But, with all this compacting due to a non-functioning add system... I'd definately get busy (gently) with a coffee stir and vaccum the daylights out of all your hoppers, top and bottom, before throwing a PRCB at it.

-I

emujo
07-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Pulled all toner out of hoppers (Y/M), both filled right back up, but still no change in the % levels. Replaced hopper assy and PRCB and all is working correctly. SM says possible open ICP, but none were blown. No real idea as to the "why", but it might have something to do with the very low color usage. I might suggest to KM to incorporate a firmware update that forces the MFP to run the color I/Us just to keep things stirred up a little bit. Thanks for all the great suggestions. Emujo

Ianizer
07-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Nice. Figured you'd get it.
A special FW set for minimal color users sounds like a winner.
In fact... I believe you can change the stabilization frequency on that box. It might decrease the IU life, but if you're using special FW GS6-R6, or the like, it's a moot point.
Would cause it to stabilize and lay a few color patches more often...
I'll follow up here if I can find that setting.
-I

emujo
07-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Please do..as an adendum..had to go back to the account this am for "print/scan failure". Printed out firmware lists before and after PCRB replacement, and everything matched..copier was working fine..toner levels great..had spent enough time so wrapped up and left w/o having users send print job..Not sure why, but after re-flashing to B8, all levels on list print still matched, MFP started spitting out prints again. Guess I'll have o add reloading f/w as a standard step after board replacement. Emujo

Ianizer
07-08-2011, 08:51 PM
Um... oh yeah... heh... :o
You need to reflash when r&r the PRCB.

Okay. So I don't have a 552 to fish around in, so I just looked it up.
Looks to be in Utility Mode (admin login probably, but maybe not).
One can change the Stabilization mode to either "Standard" (default), "Color Priority", or "B&W Priority"...

Counterintuitively, you probably want "Color Priority" as a countermeasure for this particular issue.
If I'm reading correctly, this will increase the frequency of Stabilization (without reseting Gradation Adj. history data).

There are some other adjs. involving changing count modes, but this might be the easiest, least heavy-handed way to deal with the situation.

You'll want to couple this with some customer education, since it will suspend normal operation a little more often.

hth

-I

Custom Search