PDA

View Full Version : Another Error. Panasonic Workio DP-C213

Custom Search

CMS_Designer
07-06-2011, 05:46 PM
mojorolla fixed my last error problem. Everything seemed to be working fine, but I remembered since I just replaced the IT belt, Cleaning Unit, and STR Unit that I should run the normal "F8-30 Color Registration", "F8-32 STR Life Count", and "F8-29 Transfer Belt Life Count Down". So I started with the first function and instantly the I get an error "Call for maintenance. Replace IT & STR Unit". I just replaced this. Is there anyway i can clear this error code?

Thank you.

mojorolla
07-07-2011, 05:23 AM
Oh no , this one is a real bugger. The only way I have found to reset this is do a shipment set WITH a counter reset. For some reason, it never works without resetting the counter. If you have the device explorer tool, you can pull all the settings first. If not, print out all the function menus and the F7 list print, then wipe it. You then have to enter them manually.

Logged-on
07-07-2011, 11:57 AM
If you go to F7, maintenance count, then start at tab 50-, and scroll up to the higher numbers you will see the resets for these counters, they go from 0-3, if you set them to 0 the message should reset.

Hope this helps, Good Luck!

CMS_Designer
07-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Unfortunately, Logged-On, I could not do your method because it would not let me input the new numbers to change them.

**Correction - Apparently the Str Unit Count I could not change. The other counts I was allowed. Though this still has not fixed the printer**

mojorolla, I downloaded the Device Explorer(I hope it's the right one) because I can't print at all on the printer. Am I suppose to jot down all values in each tab or just the Counter/Consumable Information? Also, is there an easy way to back up this information with this program instead of writing it all down?

Thanks!

mojorolla
07-08-2011, 05:09 PM
With the explorer tool, you must also install the file pertaining to the different models. The tool can be used to pull the address book and function menu settings. There is a backp method with an SD card, but I'm not sure if the older models support it. If you must do it manually, print out the function menu settings ( key op general, fax and address book, copy, scan, and print) and then go into F7 service mode and do a list print. These are all the settings and counters. If you print these out, you don't have to write anything down. Device explorer is the best way once it is installed properly. I seem to remember it taking about 45 minutes to install and configure.

Logged-on
07-11-2011, 06:27 AM
You have to reset the STR, Fuser belt, Fuser Main, and IT belt counters in F8 mode, it starts at about #29, I clear those counts about every service call, every 3rd time I have to go to F7, and reset the counts for fuser main, and IT Unit. The parts come with the PM kit, but the machine has individual counts for each unit, that usually come up before the PM is due. If you're using the Device explorer, I think you'd be much better off with Remote Diagnostics, it keeps all the F5/F6 data, and counter info is optional.

CMS_Designer
07-13-2011, 10:18 PM
Hey guys, I'm having trouble setting up the Device explorer. I installed it and the network configuration editor and address editor. It seems as though everthing should be set as default passwords,etc, but I can't connect. It keeps giving me a retrieving error, usually with NG[0175]. mojorolla, you were saying it takes about 45 minutes to configure properly, so I'm probably missing a step. :confused:

mojorolla
07-14-2011, 08:46 AM
I have never seen a numerical error with the program. Are you getting this error when you are crawling the network searching for machines or trying to connect to a specific machine? Does the machine you are trying to reach have the same default gateway as the computer running the program?

CMS_Designer
07-14-2011, 03:54 PM
Yep, I checked everything and the network configurations are identical (minus the ip address of course). I get to the part where I try to connect to the printer in the Device Explorer via right-click > network configuration editor. I get the error when I look at the Transfer Display Log under the Results column after seeing in the status bar "Retrieving Error (192.168......)". It displays a Password Prompt in which I've tried a combination of different passwords(even though they should be set to default) and the only one that shows that it might work is "0000". When I use that password the prompt goes away and says "Retreiving (try 1)" and it does that for about 5 tries before showing the error status.

onetek
07-18-2011, 02:39 PM
Did you reset f7-67, f7-68 (fuser and it belt exchange count) ?
Th.

Custom Search