PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 351C will not accept data from IMac now; will print from 2 other Macs

Custom Search

prg
07-06-2011, 11:04 PM
Hello,

I have a very confusing situation. I have an IMac which printed on the Bizhub 351C, and now it won't print. I had printed off a website and there was a problem with one of the prints not printing at the time. I did not worry about it at the time because I had one print that worked, but now anything I try to print will not print.

I have hooked up two other macs to check out if they can print and they can print, but the one gets an interesting error window/message before it printed.
It says IP Configuration 192.1..etc.... in use by a string of 2 numbers separated by colons. I am going by memory so I think it was 00:20:6b and then other numbers ending with c1. I have talked with Apple tech support and they say it is not a problem with the computer. When I send data from the computer the green light does not blink and I get a message that it will retry in :30 seconds but if never does print. Another time it says it is busy. Sure could use any suggestions. I have the manuals have been through them, but not finding any help. Thanks so much for any help as it has been a mind bender for all.

I am new to posts so I hope I am doing this correctly. Thanks Again for any help!

TheOwl
07-06-2011, 11:51 PM
Welcome to the forum.

So you have tried two other Macs and they both work but your iMac won't. The error that you mention sounds like an IP address conflict. When you say a string of numbers separated by colons, it will normally look like xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx which is the MAC address of a Mac and the machine at a guess.

Try changing the IP address of the photocopier to something at the end of the IP range. If you are using the 192.168.0. range, then set the copier to something like 192.168.0.250. Once you have done that, try changing the print method from your iMac to IP printing instead of Bonjour.

To do this, add a new printer and select IP Printing and then change the selection from LPD (Line Print Daemon) to HP JetDirect Socket. Enter in the IP address of the copier and then select the correct driver for the device. Make sure you leave the queue name blank as the HP JetDirect Socket run using a RAW port and doesn't require a queue name.

This is just in case, but to change the IP address of the copier, Utility/Counter - Administrator Setting - Password 12345678 - Network Setting - TCP/IP Setting - IPv4

PS. What version of OSX are you running?

Mr Spock
07-07-2011, 11:55 AM
Also search forum for another post about mac printing. It seems Apple released an update that is playing havoc with mac printing. I think it is mostly an issue with the snmp protocol. If you are not using windows then turn this off and see if it helps. Otherwise follow THEOWL's suggestions.

prg
07-08-2011, 01:41 AM
Thank You so much for your reply. I am running Mac OS x 10.6.8 on the IMac. The string of numbers above is exactly what it looks like. I will try changing the IP address of the copier, and adding a new printer like you said. Thanks so much for the help - very much appreciated. Have a great night. I will let you know if/when it works. Thanks Again.

prg
07-08-2011, 01:43 AM
Thank You I will also look for what you are talking about with Apple. They of course say there is nothing more they can do to help.

TheOwl
07-08-2011, 02:05 AM
There is definately a post on here about the issues with 10.6.8.

When I read that post, it seems that it was resolved by turning SNMP off from the photocopier as Mr. Spock said. This can be done going to Utility/Counter - Administrator Setting - Password: 12345678 - Network Setting - SNMP Setting (from memory, but I might have the wording slightly wrong).

B0265
07-08-2011, 08:04 AM
Does the C351 have a Fiery Controller? If so check out this info from EFI:
OS X 10.6.8 Update (http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthread.php/2404-OS-X-10.6.8-Update)

MILLER4157
07-19-2011, 06:20 AM
Does the C351 have a Fiery Controller? If so check out this info from EFI:
OS X 10.6.8 Update (http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthread.php/2404-OS-X-10.6.8-Update)

if you are using a fiery and using osx leopard or tiger make sure that appletalk is enabled on the imac side.

prg
07-20-2011, 05:30 PM
Thank You so much to everyone who is trying to solve this problem.

I have talked with an Apple senior advisor and they are checking to see if one of the updates has become so smart as to make the IP addresses which are too close not recognize a difference. He is to get back with me.

He suggested using a 10._._._ or 169._._._ IP number for the time being.
Just curious if anyone knows what numbers to fill in?

Also, could there be some memory to clear out a job, if a job is stuck in memory on the Konica?
That was another suggestion from Apple.

There is a fiery on the unit too. So I am trying what is being suggested in these posts in the meantime.

Thanks to all of you for your help.

jasonofx
07-20-2011, 07:11 PM
Here is the other thread they are referring to:

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/52925-mac-print-error-bizhub-c451.html

I (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/52925-mac-print-error-bizhub-c451.html) had to use Time Machine on the Mac to replace the current .lpd file with the one from OS 10.6.7
There is an attachment somewhere in that post that tells how to do it. Your problem sounds slightly different from mine, though. Good luck!

TheOwl
07-21-2011, 12:21 AM
Thank You so much to everyone who is trying to solve this problem.

I have talked with an Apple senior advisor and they are checking to see if one of the updates has become so smart as to make the IP addresses which are too close not recognize a difference. He is to get back with me.

He suggested using a 10._._._ or 169._._._ IP number for the time being.
Just curious if anyone knows what numbers to fill in?

Also, could there be some memory to clear out a job, if a job is stuck in memory on the Konica?
That was another suggestion from Apple.

There is a fiery on the unit too. So I am trying what is being suggested in these posts in the meantime.

Thanks to all of you for your help.

You can use what ever numbers you like as long as they match on all devices within the network except for the last number.

IE. 192.168.0.x, 10.0.0.x, 172.0.0.x

The 192, 10 and 172 ranges are public and can be changed to suit your needs. The 169.254.x.x range is a standard IP address range that devices will use if they do not get a response from a DHCP server. In the case that you are getting 169.254 address on your equipment, then I would suggest that you change everything to static IP addresses, or buy a Modem/Router (pretty cheap) which does DHCP.

In most cases, I just use a 10. range with the following info:

IP Adress: 10.10.1.x
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 10.10.1.x
DNS Server: 10.10.1.x
2nd DNS: 8.8.8.8 (This is a Google DNS server in case your internal DNS server fails)

In a small network with no internet connection, you don't need to worry about the Gateway or DNS servers. In the case of the above setup, everything on my network has an IP address that starts with 10.10.1. and the last number changes for each devices as nothing can have the same address as another device.

Hope this helps.

Custom Search