PDA

View Full Version : Konica minolta c500 pro (sc77-25 code)

Custom Search

copierlady
07-07-2011, 02:10 AM
Working on a konica minolta pro c500 that keeps jamming out just as it enters the finisher. Labored over it for hours till it finally gave me a sc77-25 code that went away after i powered it off and back on. But it is still jamming. Does anyone know what this code is and if it is related to the jamming? Thanks

JustManuals
07-07-2011, 03:57 AM
This Parts & Service manual can be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

Ianizer
07-07-2011, 05:07 AM
Finisher code.

After the folding knife motor (M719) is turned ON, folding knife HP sensor (PS722) is not turned ON within the specified time.

Check:

FNS control board (FNSCB) Folding knife motor (M719) Folding knife HP sensor (PS722)

What's your jam code?

-I

copierlady
07-07-2011, 11:25 PM
Thanks, i can not get jam codes to print because it just keeps giving a false jam code, and won't print the report. I took the finisher off and it is still indicating a jam as it is exiting the machine. It sometimes exits, all the way, but it still thinks there is a jam behind lever #11 and roller "b" beside the fuser.

Ianizer
07-07-2011, 11:58 PM
Should be able to view jam history in 36 mode.
The actual J-code would be extremely helpful at finding a solid starting point.
What's the copy count? Beat up decurler roller?
-I

copierlady
07-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Ok i'll look again, but all i saw under 36 mode was a place to print a list. And at this point all i would get is the first page befor the machine coded out. I was trying to look at a paper sensor last night, but i can't see how to get to it. It is behind a black plastic panel to the left and below the fuser. The arm that triggers that sensor is in the same area that the machine is indicating jams in.?

copierlady
07-08-2011, 06:40 PM
the actual j-code would be extremely helpful at finding a solid starting point.
-i

ok got some info about the jam code display and i now see i am getting a j-32-02 jam code

Coptech
07-08-2011, 07:41 PM
My bet is that the exit sensor just past the fuser is unhooked or bad. The 8050 had a bulletin where they re-routed wiring because it would un-plug the sensor when the exit plate was lowered. It could also be a badly worn actuator arm. Been awile since I worked on one of these though.

Ianizer
07-08-2011, 09:05 PM
ok got some info about the jam code display and i now see i am getting a j-32-02 jam code

Excellent!
I'm sorry, Copierlady, I may have steered you wrong. 25-mode to view. Not 36. My apologies.

Now we know that the SC77-25 is just a symptom.

My bet is that the exit sensor just past the fuser is unhooked or bad. The 8050 had a bulletin where they re-routed wiring because it would un-plug the sensor when the exit plate was lowered. It could also be a badly worn actuator arm. Been awile since I worked on one of these though.
I agree, as a place to start.
I think they did improve the routing in the 500.

Also, check the decurler. If recently replaced, take it back out and reseat. Use soft hands here.

Well, there are any number of issues it could be, but let's keep it simple for a minute.

Root issue is J32-02:
Reverse paper exit sensor (PS19) is not turning on in time.

What's our approx. total count?
PMs up to date?
I crave information!;)
-I

copierlady
07-11-2011, 06:56 PM
I have no history on this machine. Pm count says 93762
the meter count is:837,899
i checked the sensors in 47-59-03 mode and the one in the duplex unit behind the black plastic tested bad.
I replaced it but i still can not get a good reading on it. Is that the sensor you are talking about when you say the exit sensor just past the fuser?

copierlady
07-11-2011, 07:01 PM
I have no history on this machine
the pm counts says 93762 meter count 837899
i checked the sensors in the fuser and in the duplex unit in 47-59-3 mode
fuser senor changed from 00 to 01 when i tested it the one in the duplex unit did not change, so i replaced it and tested it again. Still not signal. Is this the sensor you are talking about when you say "exit sensor just past the fuser"?

Ianizer
07-12-2011, 01:38 AM
Well, I don't know your circumstance, but you might consider doing some maintenance and bringing FW up to date (v.14-something-or-other?), if you haven't already. At the very least, give that squishy decurler, and its attending area, some attention (100K item).

As for PS19 (http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac12/Spike52/C500_PS19_Compressed.jpg) (item #4), it's located just beneath the decurler (item #3) in the vertical turnover section (that door with all the clear guides that the decurler lives on).

I don't know about you, but 8050/C500 was a box that enjoyed notorious oversales. It's a production machine that likes to run. Unfortunately, too many sit, at well under 1M after years.

That left side decurler door, in particular, can get flat nawsty.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

-I

copierlady
07-19-2011, 02:59 PM
This is what i finally discoverd. For the j32.02 code driving me crazy. The "paper exit guild part" (p\n 65aa49100) was not working properly because it was broken. But.... Befor i discovered this fairly easy repair solution i had already replaced:
The svdd driver board
the fuser
the adu solenoid
the m29 motor
ps 19 twice
the harness to ps19
ps 17
was getting ready to relpalce the reserse exit solenoid sd6 when i noticed the exit guide was not working properly, and was in fact broken.
Long way around a short trip. Like taking 40 years to make a 11 day journey!
Thanks for all your help!

Ianizer
07-20-2011, 04:11 AM
All just goes into the great big experience coffee can. ;)
-I

juve
01-18-2013, 02:45 PM
for next time,you will do it in a few minutes,i also have a problem with an sc77-23 error on konica 7085 and it seems that i will take the journey you had till i solve this matter,maybe somebody there can help me out.copy count 4129510,

Custom Search