PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous color setting and management in konica minolta C352

Custom Search

dipakpatel
07-12-2011, 02:49 PM
i just installed a c352 but when i take a color print from computer there are few colors in print that do not match the image in computer.Can anyone advice me on color management. i used KONICA MINOLTA C352/C300 VXL driver supported for vista.I am using vista 32 bit.
I hope i have correctly installed the driver with correct driver version.

there is no issue in color matching in copying and scanning document.Greyish tone in printed document does not match in image in computer.

Need Help !!!

SCHWARZ
07-12-2011, 03:04 PM
try calibration machine and print use PPD

kingarthur
07-12-2011, 04:49 PM
what happens when you copy from a proper colour test chart, to be honest, you will never get what is on the computer screen to match what is printed out, we have had this with different colours & it also depends on how bright, dark the screen has been set..high, low contrast etc...so personally i wouldn't bust a gut trying to get colours to exactly match what is on the screen

rangertech
07-14-2011, 03:47 AM
Re: color setting and management in konica minolta C352

if the problem only on print, you can try print with pcl printer driver its more bright.

Ianizer
07-14-2011, 07:12 AM
Re: color setting and management in konica minolta C352

if the problem only on print, you can try print with pcl printer driver its more bright.

Well... Okay. PCL6 more narrow color gamut might brighten things up.
Actually, it may very well match a monitor better. If that's your thing.

I'm with the king. It's Customer Expectation setting I've had the pleasure of dealing with often.
The short answer to, "My print colors don't match my screen" is, "That's right. They won't".

Personally, I'd make sure my consumables (IUs, transfer belt/roller) look good and everything's clean; blow out the Gradation Adj. with a reset+stabilize, and go through it again, thrice each segment, using good paper, backed with several blank sheets. By da book yo.

What I mean by "good" paper is smooth. Super-duper-wizbang One Billion Brightness doesn't work for me. Some nice Hammermill 24 or 28# Presentation or Xerox Expressions ought to do the trick.

Just my little humble opinion. C352 is business color. It is what it is.
And it must be asked...
This is an Emperon controller, right? Not a Fiery?
If Fiery, I got a whole new post for you...
And PS is where it's at. If you want proper file data color matching.
Just try getting Coke red with PCL.

-I

jackson007
07-14-2011, 09:39 AM
[QUOTE=Ianizer;232375]Well... Okay. PCL6 more narrow color gamut might brighten things up.
Actually, it may very well match a monitor better. If that's your thing.

I'm with the king. It's Customer Expectation setting I've had the pleasure of dealing with often.
The short answer to, "My print colors don't match my screen" is, "That's right. They won't".

Personally, I'd make sure my consumables (IUs, transfer belt/roller) look good and everything's clean; blow out the Gradation Adj. with a reset+stabilize, and go through it again, thrice each segment, using good paper, backed with several blank sheets. By da book yo.

What I mean by "good" paper is smooth. Super-duper-wizbang One Billion Brightness doesn't work for me. Some nice Hammermill 24 or 28# Presentation or Xerox Expressions ought to do the trick.

Just my little humble opinion. C352 is business color. It is what it is.
And it must be asked...
This is an Emperon controller, right? Not a Fiery?
If Fiery, I got a whole new post for you...
And PS is where it's at. If you want proper file data color matching.
Just try getting Coke red with PCL.

sir
is there any possibility with c280 using icc profile in page scope,down load manager ,i want letter sharpness,&colour maching.

otherwise is there any solution like compatible fiery instead of efy fiery beacause its so costly,

my mail id is rocket_ssshhh@yahoo.co.in

thank u sir

Ianizer
07-14-2011, 04:40 PM
sir
is there any possibility with c280 using icc profile in page scope,down load manager ,i want letter sharpness,&colour maching.

otherwise is there any solution like compatible fiery instead of efy fiery beacause its so costly,

my mail id is rocket_ssshhh@yahoo.co.in

thank u sir

Ah yes, the PM you sent me...
For the benifit of all:

"Fiery" is an EFI brand.
No such beast as non-EFI "Fiery".
Not real up on Creo, Splash and the like.
Emperon controller would be standard equipment.
My experience with optional controllers is primarily with Fiery.
Typically, business color with no ICC color profiles loaded is sufficient.
For those power users (is Photoshop loaded on their client and do they actually know how to use it?), ICC color profiles is a must and loading PPD within the application is sometimes necessary for full functionality.
For the really particular, I recommend the customer purchase at least an ED-100 (or better yet) ES-1000 (Eye-One for you Maccies) spectrophotometer (or pay me for the use of mine ;)).

-I

dipakpatel
07-15-2011, 06:40 PM
thank you guys for all your advice...i am getting close solving color matching issue.now the only problem is the print is getting more green shade than original image on computer screen.rest all color match.

thanks again...

Ianizer
07-18-2011, 11:57 PM
Jackson007,
Per your PM to me > Please see my above posts.
C352 is a business color machine. Strap on a Fiery, 8000 HP NHRA dragster powerplant and a solid fuel rocket... and it's still a business color machine.

With Emperon controller, your options are, in this order:
Install current FW.
Service machine properly, being sure to clean optics.
Perform Reset+Stabilize.
Perform full Gradation adj. per service manual, with high quality, smooth white presentation 24-28# stock.
If you must, adjust TRC & DMax as necessary.
Set customer expectation. (Their 20# Costco 100% recycled throughput material with chunks of sawdust floating in it probably won't produce a superior printed product.)
Get sales to upgrade the customer.

That's all I got.
-I

SCHWARZ
07-21-2011, 01:09 PM
maybe you can try change ICC profile setting on machine, from Utility-User Settings-Printer Settings-PS Setting-ICC Profile Settings.

BIG PAPA
07-21-2011, 02:50 PM
And one other thing to keep in mind is that like ALL equipment monitors are no different and need to be calibrated. If they dont have the equipment to do this then the arguement of it doesnt look like my screen really doesnt matter at all, due to the fact that the screen is probably not displaying it correctly to begin with. Along with all the reasons RGB vs CMYK, lighting, etc... It can be a really sticky situation if you spend too much time on color matching without all the proper equipment, and unless it is a professional printshop they wont have it.

Darren King
07-21-2011, 07:17 PM
The PCL driver allows you to adjust brightness, contrast, saturation and each individual colour through preferences-quality-quality adjustment. I have a customer who had the same problem and he was able to get a very close match to his monitor through these adjustments.
Hope this helps
Darren

dipakpatel
07-28-2011, 05:38 PM
thank you guys..I really appreciate..

Woxner
07-28-2011, 06:45 PM
They will never match the screen because the screen is RGB and the copier is cmyk. To get spot color one of two things are need. A firery to do pantone or use the PS driver and under advance color there are some setting to get you closer. I just did a fresher seminar with Minolta on this. There is alos color management programs you can load to help. it maybe business color but you can get pantone color. alsp calibrate using no brighter then 96 92 and 94 prefered

Custom Search