PDA

View Full Version : Konica C6500 IC304 plus Creo Windows 7 64 bit driver

Custom Search

StormyKnight
07-13-2011, 01:46 AM
All attempts for us to get a driver working for this setup fails.
The driver will load (vista driver) but when you first go to print, I think a applet is supposed to run some sort of setup & bring up the additional settings when you first choose printing preferences?

Anyway it fails at that point & brings the application trying to print to hang.

Apparently the file we need is named something like...
"printer driver application for vista x64."

Searching has failed to locate this file anywhere...

Anyone else got this C6500 to work on windows 7 64 bit?

Cheers

richd
07-13-2011, 11:01 PM
Have got it working on a 32bit mc but not tried 64bit.
Type:

// *ipaddress*/print

..... into run command and see what it does, I'm my case it pulled the virtual driver across and worked fine.

Good luck :)

StormyKnight
07-14-2011, 12:49 AM
yep we got that far, & the driver is loaded, but when you access the print preferences for the first time, it must communicate with the creo to create the preferences screen. It always takes a while on the first run - after that its quite fast. Its this first run that hangs....

Thanks, Cheers

richd
07-14-2011, 09:55 AM
Can only suggest that on 1st startup, it is retrieving system info and configuration ?
But if it works fine after that Happy Days ;)

StormyKnight
07-14-2011, 11:39 PM
Sorry, no it doesn't - it never gets that initialisation part done no matter how many times you try to print.....

KenB
07-14-2011, 11:54 PM
Please don't shoot the messenger, but depending on which model and version of Creo it is, it may not support the advanced settings with a 64 bit OS. (This is actually a java application.)

You should be able to print without the advanced settings (I know it has been done), print to the "Process Only" queue, then make any advanced settings at the Creo itself.

Have you tried calling your Konica help desk on this one?

StormyKnight
07-15-2011, 12:00 AM
Yes, its been escalated to Japan for a resolution but has taken a few weeks already. Oddly the customers says they did have it working on a machine with the "printer driver application for vista x64." file which they have misplaced & I cannot find on the web anywhere....

Yes the customer is aware that they can send to the print queue, but then they have to physically go to the creo station to set the settings....this is something they want to avoid since most of the work is small run proofing....

Thanks

KenB
07-15-2011, 12:23 AM
You can set up a user with Remote Desktop to remotely control the Creo.

Of course, this only works on one workstation at a time.

StormyKnight
07-15-2011, 12:32 AM
Thanks KenB, they have about 20 users.....

Custom Search