PDA

View Full Version : 7145 with f26-1 and 0005

Custom Search

Jett
07-13-2011, 07:58 AM
Hi!

Well, I've been twisting my mind over this one for a few days now and can't figure it out.
I've got a 7145 that usually starts up, makes a few very light copies, then dies with 26-1 or rarely 26-3 after attempting auto toner supply.
As of this moment I tried to, change TDS sensor, clean out drum unit of the waste toner, swap developer units (there were 2 with almost the same values +/-2), change toner hopper (and swap motors), change the main board ... well all except changing developer since I've got a feeling that after all this that might still not work and I'll waste an almost perfect batch of developer since the machine's dev has about 20K copies used.
After all procedures tried to make 10 copies and an L detect but all resulted in a 26-1 / 0005.

Any other ideas because I'm out ...

THANKS!

pepper38_cnd
07-13-2011, 12:39 PM
Keep in mind almost everything or maybe everything you changed requires fresh dev and L detect be run in order to function properly.
My guess is that the toner auger was plugged and not turning this could be verified by removing the exit and laser cover and watching the toner mechanism while doing an auto toner add. Or your customer depleted the dev of toner and stripped it, in which case all the toner in the world will still present an F26-xx code. You are most likely going to have to bite the bullet and do a Dev change then see if L detect fails to run look for the reason why. If L-Detect is successful then you dev assy, and sensors are fine it was definitely and add issue or dev depletion ( did the customer place an order for toner shortly before the service call? That's a dead give away! )

kingarthur
07-13-2011, 12:54 PM
another reason for the 0005 code when trying to do an L detect...is a dirty sensor on the drum unit

minimerlin
07-13-2011, 07:57 PM
another reason for the 0005 code when trying to do an L detect...is a dirty sensor on the drum unit

I agree, I have had that sensor unit cause the exact fault!

miko121
10-31-2011, 10:04 AM
how to clean the sensors? i also have a 7145, getting errors f-26-3, maybe cleaning sensors might solve the prob.

Custom Search