PDA

View Full Version : Doc feed issues

Custom Search

vincent64
07-13-2011, 01:19 PM
This is a different one, on a DI 2510 when running through the DF, there is a slight bluring going on, if seeing on a straight line, its like a little bump in the line, not sure if I should belooking at a roller shaft, or clutch, or maybe both, or even feed rollers.
The blur is maybe a 1/8 of a inch or so, and it seem to go down the page. front frame to rear frame on 8.5x11 size running portraite not landscape.
I have looked over the rollers looking for a flat spot, but could never see one, may be so slight that I missed it.
Any ideas ????

SPBE
07-13-2011, 02:15 PM
There are 2 adjustment screws in the back of the ADF (facing up) turn one about a 1/4 turn and run a doc. and see what happens. Then keep adjusting 1/4 turn at a time until the problem goes away. It can sometimes be a long process, making 1 copy then turning a screw, but atleast you don't have to tear anything apart.

docteceng
07-13-2011, 09:00 PM
sounds like the things you have mentioned could all be plausable. But seems to me like it might be jumping as the document goes through the df...
so checking the drive on the df should also be considered..does the problem occur on the same part of the document or move around the page. may be a gear, or a gear with a one way bearing in it, slipping. check drive gears etc.. just check the slit glass is ok and not catching the document as it passes through the feeder unfortunately sounds a bit of an awkward 1.. good luck...

fixthecopier
07-13-2011, 10:45 PM
The paper is hitting the glass. Back the screw on the left side all the way out. Run an F-12 test sheet, then use it through the doc feed. if it is still hitting you will see the lines crash together. If it will not adjust out, trade the adf with another machine. I have had them not adjust on 1 machine and work perfect on another.

vincent64
07-14-2011, 01:13 PM
Thanks ya'll will give these a try and let ya'll know, I am still getting my feet wet with these boxes, and they are still a bit different to me as I am used to sharps for the last 12 years or so.

vincent64
07-14-2011, 05:56 PM
The screws on the back did it, gonna have to get a open end wrench loosen them little nuts back there, got a feeling I will see that problem again.
Thanks ya'll

mitchl
07-14-2011, 06:38 PM
The screws on the back did it, gonna have to get a open end wrench loosen them little nuts back there, got a feeling I will see that problem again.
Thanks ya'll
Quick send him a bill!

Custom Search