PDA

View Full Version : Sharp user Codes (How to set up)

Custom Search

rgcs1
07-13-2011, 02:14 PM
Hi all,

just wondered if anyone on here as a step-by-step guide/Procedure to set up User Codes for a mixture of Black & White & Colour Users.

Many thanks in advance :)

WolfGang
07-14-2011, 02:33 AM
Which model are you asking about? There's not a catchall set of instructions as it changes slightly from machine to machine.

rgcs1
07-14-2011, 11:51 AM
Sorry, my mistake Wolfgang, The machines i'm working on are MX-2610,4112,3110 & 5112 range, and help would me much appreciated, Thank you

WolfGang
07-14-2011, 11:24 PM
It's not the easiest thing to explain. Do you have access to Sharp-IDNC? If so I would download the operator's manual and look under user control for explanations of the various settings associated with account control and the two login types for it. If you would like to setup some users to only have access to b/w copies and prints you would setup a page limit group and prohibit color. If you wanted some to have unlimited b/w and limited color, you would setup a page limit group with unlimited b/w and limit color to say 5,000. You can create whatever limits you want and if I'm not mistaken you can actually keep some people from using features such as doc filing or image send based on their group. Let me know if you have any other questions. I can't really give you a good step by step because work has been very busy and it's not easy to explain unless you're standing in front of the machine. Also let me know if you need a copy of the operators guide if you can't get it.

rgcs1
07-16-2011, 06:38 PM
Hi Wolfgang

Thanks for your reply, i'll look into the manual and try and figure it out, many thanks

The Otrain
08-12-2011, 03:28 AM
There are so many options as previously mentioned. You can even set it for color authentication only and allow unlimited B/W usage. If you are interested in that, check the TT-20003 on the IDNC site.

rgcs1
08-12-2011, 01:17 PM
Thanks for you advise, btw what is "T-20003 on the IDNC" :confused: ive not heard about this, any other info would be much appreicated

mojorolla
08-12-2011, 05:40 PM
If you are outside of the US, I don't think they have IDNC. They still use Sharpnet across the pond. If you need a copy of the bulletin, PM me and I will send it to you. :D

Custom Search