PDA

View Full Version : BIZHUB 500 won't format HDD, HELP!

Custom Search

Copierdave
09-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Installed a new hard drive on a bizhub. As per set up instuctions - put cable on with red strip up, tech Mode System 2>Option>Installed HDD
- turned off both sub and main power swith - waited 10-15 seconds - turned on machine tech mode > State Confirm > MemoryHDD Adjust >THERE IS NO PROMPT TO FORMAT HDD!
I get no error codes nore the use of the HDD
I aslo went into trouble isolation and the HDD is not set (as it should be).

Scott_Lewis
09-05-2007, 04:51 AM
Installed a new hard drive on a bizhub. As per set up instuctions - put cable on with red strip up, tech Mode System 2>Option>Installed HDD
- turned off both sub and main power swith - waited 10-15 seconds - turned on machine tech mode > State Confirm > MemoryHDD Adjust >THERE IS NO PROMPT TO FORMAT HDD!
I get no error codes nore the use of the HDD
I aslo went into trouble isolation and the HDD is not set (as it should be).

Maybe I'm asking the obvious here.....

Is the HDD still shown as installed under System 2 / Options?

Take a real close look at the HDD ribbon cable connections especially at the OACB/System board side. It is so easy to be misaligned where a pair of pins will not actually be covered by the connector. Many of these connectors are so thin on the ends that they will plug in without damaging the pins even when misaligned.

AusiTech
09-05-2007, 10:16 AM
Don't know if this helps... but i had a C450 Hdd that i had to replace, the problem was that the ribbon cable red pin 1 did not go onto pin 1 on HDD- It was opposite way around??? Didn't recognize it!
So RED on cable DIDN't go to pin 1 on HDD. The cable also looked funny (not aligned) and didn't sit right.
Sometimes i confuse myself

Custom Search