PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Bizhub C451 no print from network

Custom Search

Jude
07-15-2011, 01:23 AM
my customer purchased a used KM BH C451 and setup to print. called me to fix but I failed to make it print. The NIC is set to 10.1.1.101 according to the server TCP/IP protocol. Subnet and gateway are set to 255.255.255.0 and 10.1.1.11 respectively. When I ping through a CMD prompt it times out . I checked all cables and tried a known good cable from a known good hub. It failed again. The lights are on the controller and the connection at the copier. All cables are connected properly and screwed down tight.

Is there a setting or switch I have to turn on? Is there a firmware available? Somebody could send to me?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

RRodgers
07-15-2011, 01:55 AM
my customer purchased a used KM BH C451 and setup to print. called me to fix but I failed to make it print. The NIC is set to 10.1.1.101 according to the server TCP/IP protocol. Subnet and gateway are set to 255.255.255.0 and 10.1.1.11 respectively. When I ping through a CMD prompt it times out . I checked all cables and tried a known good cable from a known good hub. It failed again. The lights are on the controller and the connection at the copier. All cables are connected properly and screwed down tight.

Is there a setting or switch I have to turn on? Is there a firmware available? Somebody could send to me?

There is a setting in admin mode if you want the nic on or not. It's under network settings.

rangertech
07-15-2011, 02:28 AM
Re: Konica Minolta Bizhub C451 no print from network

make sure the networking cable cross or straight ..

emujo
07-15-2011, 03:27 PM
Separate the MFP from the network and use your laptop (cross over or nor cross over makes no diference). Set your IP scheme one off from the copier scheme. You should be able to at least ping the card at this point if nothing else is wrong. You may also want to check your "image controller settings" as this may have had a fiery on it at one point. Should be set to a zero. If still no sucsess, go into admin mode, turn off "Network Settings" cycle power, go back into network settings and turn back on. Cycle power, go back and set IP addressing to DHCP, put MFP back on network and cycle power. If you pull a DHCP address all should be well, if not next steps would be firmware update followed by net work setting initialize. Hope you get though this. Emujo

ExXeroid
07-15-2011, 03:27 PM

Obviously the NIC setting is on if you have an IP address.

Did you try directly connecting with the machine by matching IP addresses and using a crossover cable?
Does the customer have a network with a domain or workgroup that the printer has to be added to on their server.

aesthetics1
07-15-2011, 07:25 PM
You need to test outside of the network. Plug a laptop directly into the copier with a crossover cable. Set your laptop up to the same network scheme the copier is using, and try and ping it. If you can, you have a problem within the network. If you can't, problem with the copier.

Isolate the problem!

Jules Winfield
07-15-2011, 07:43 PM
It sounds like maybe the 10.1.1.x IP range came from the old network it used to be connected to. Probably set statically. Try setting DHCP to ON or ENABLED and then cycle power to the device. If I'm right you should get a completely different IP address (most likely in the 192.168.x.x range as that seems to be the most popular range for local networks).

Jude
07-17-2011, 12:22 AM
It sounds like maybe the 10.1.1.x IP range came from the old network it used to be connected to. Probably set statically. Try setting DHCP to ON or ENABLED and then cycle power to the device. If I'm right you should get a completely different IP address (most likely in the 192.168.x.x range as that seems to be the most popular range for local networks).

Yes Thank you for that jules. You are very kind to reply to my post. I have already tried that and the DHCP setting issues a very random IP. Nothing closley resembles any protocol from the network . Wow is this a problem??!!!!

EarthKmTech
07-17-2011, 04:40 AM
I had this issue recently.

I couldnt get the network port to do anything, even obtain an IP on auto obtain. Known good cable and port was used.

I changed the mfp board since i had one spare and still the same issue was there.

I ended up doing a data clear and then magically it came to life.

I'm not for a second suggesting this is what you should do, but it worked for me when all else failed. Do as the others are suggesting and test the machine directly from a laptop with a cross over cable and static ips within the same range of each other.

popcornpuppy
07-17-2011, 05:43 PM
Cmd ipconfig on server to obtain ip range. Input manually into machine ip address which is in range. Next swap with new ethernet cable. Update firmware to latest version. This is more likely to be a network issue, not a physical machine problem

Custom Search