PDA

View Full Version : Konica C-500 Fiery question

Custom Search

henry finley
07-15-2011, 02:01 AM
I just received another C500 to replace the boat anchor that had so many problems. The Fiery that came with it does not seem to talk to my computer. Perhaps a bad ethernet connection it. My old Fiery works, but was running Fiery System 6, version 2 software, and the new one which came with the new copier was running version 1.1. My question is: can I put my old software version 2 Fiery on this copier which came with a faulty Fiery running 1.1?
Because it has been made abundantly clear that it is destructive to the Fiery eprom to load V2 on a V1 machine. So, will it hurt my copier also?
Thanks

henry finley
07-15-2011, 05:19 AM
This would be a good opportunity to ask another question. My new (used) C500 works beautifully. I do not want to mess that up. At the same time, it seems an excellent opportunity to use it to finalize my suspicions about the old one with the undefeated 45-20 code. Particularly I would be very interested in swapping the transfer belt assembly and the registration sensor assembly. But the question is: can I screw up my new machine by sticking these in the old one for a few minutes?

empiru
07-15-2011, 08:15 AM
Honestly, I don't think you can mess that up - be sure not to use other parts in the new (used) machine that works fine.
The 45-20 code can pop out for various reasons, some obvious, some not. Usually, the Transfer Belt is not positioned correctly on the Transfer Belt Unit; but we had that code on a machine that was using old developer - replaced the developer and got rid of the code;

What kind of Fiery do you use on your new machine? IC 405, IP 901, IP (or IC, I don't remember exactly) 921?

henry finley
07-15-2011, 03:40 PM
Thank you for answering. Both Fierys are model S300-01. As I recall the old working one, it was 901 running System 6 Version 2. And the non-working one is running System 5.5 Version 1.2 (straight from configuration page). So, if I put the System 6 one on the Konica C500 that came with the 5.5 bad one, can I hurt the copier? Thank you.
As for the transfer belt walking, many threads have taken place on here with a lot of good guys on that old boat anchor--nothing worked.

Custom Search