PDA

View Full Version : CQ Toner dumping on kmc3225,kmc4035 anything new?

Custom Search

Master Sparkee
07-15-2011, 01:32 PM
Just wondering if anyone has come up with a fix for km-c machines that are flinging toner and dumping on copies? Starting to see it in taskalfa too. Seeing it as early as 35k. Appreciate any suggestions other than replace drums and dv.

jmaister
07-15-2011, 06:27 PM
dumping?

excess usage? smudge? dots?

Metalvoc
07-15-2011, 07:44 PM
On the taskalfa you can usually resolve over-toning and toner dropping by running AC Calibration in U464. On both series, it's never a bad idea to check your transfer belt cleaning, and just go through and clean out all the loose toner that inevitably winds up covering all of the imaging components in these devices. As to prevention... I'll have to defer to someone else's expertise.

jmaister
07-15-2011, 10:09 PM
need more info on T7 control.

blackcat4866
07-16-2011, 12:05 AM
What sort of U131 Automatic readings?

Master Sparkee
07-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Seems like a general problem. It usually results in smudges (magenta, cyan and black randomly). What I typically find is toner blown over all the drums and dv units. We vac them off, put them back in and wait another 20 or 30k and go out and do it again. Tech support only says "replace the dv unit". I have also seen significant toner blowing out of the filter back top right hand side. Usually nice splotches on the customers wall. U131 (left to right) 116 116 116 116, 137 139 142 141, 92 129 142 133. These are readings from only one machine. We have tons of them in the field doing the same thing though. I thought it might be a bias issue but I am thinking it is more of a design problem.

hekotez
07-18-2011, 01:53 PM
Im not sure if the double dev rollers convinces me...
On personal experience we have very few color copiers on the field... tho have quite a few printers... same deal. They need regular maintenance.
Tho some much more than others. (I think its related to what kind of job they do)
From what i saw so far if the client prints mostly full paged, full color wich an even kcmy consumption... machine performs awsome and needs what i'd call normal maintenance.
If the prints arent full paged... and the color usage isnt even, say uses alot more Y than C&M etc... the devs from wich the toner isnt used as much... with time the toner tends to accumulate infront/under the dev roller till it starts drooling out.
Cleaning, adjusting, calibrating... with or without drum/dev replacement... doesnt make a difference to me... tho like i said before if the client doesnt do full page/color (one particular client bought one aiming to print full color catalogues wile doing it it runned extremelly well, tho now uses it to print invoices, wich is like 99,8% B&W and has only a lil color logo on the top corner, black dev/drum is always superb... color devs are always drooling toner all over the place... i've replaced all drum's/dev's, checked everything... and it always goes back to the same).
Same machines on other clients doing full paged... perform MUCH better.

blackcat4866
07-19-2011, 12:17 AM
The U131 readings that you listed sound to me like the developing units do need replacing. And like hekotez says middle volume machines will get better yield from the developing units, than low volume color or mostly black.

Yes you'll see piles of toner on top of the drums and developing units. Clean them off, Clean and calibrate, and you're good for a while. This is completely normal, expected. =^..^=

Master Sparkee
07-22-2011, 04:32 PM
Update on the situation: found a tech pub #8420/ 2fz-0098 that explains why and what to do for the blowing and over toning of the dv units. Hekotz, what you are seeing is verified and addressed. Hope this helps :)

jmaister
07-22-2011, 04:49 PM
that article is very helpful. There's associated firmware with it too, crucial!. Its like the machines can't have idle time. A ideal setup is study office flow, usually how many print they do on avg per batch, and the usual high fill rate they hit. Though consumption we can't really do anything about cuz t7 control is engineer side, techs could control print quality. (To an certain extent anyways). The user adjustment calibration is nice, but to tailor a machine to an office environment, u464 tuning is available, now that's art in itself.(oops, was daydreaming)

flimmer
08-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Have you tried to set U325 to 4?

Custom Search