PDA

View Full Version : Minolta CF-9001, prehistoric problem.....

Custom Search

Hansoon
07-18-2011, 12:37 PM
.....trying to reset the toner waste container on this dinosaur. Display has the waste toner indicator on and the machine is locked up.

I'm using the procedure as described in the manual TechRep Mode > Counter Mode > Life3 > Clear Toner Collect > Ex

However the Waste Toner indicator will not go away in the display and the machine remains locked up.

What did I overlook?

Hans

Cantechman
07-18-2011, 05:53 PM
I don't know if this is applies to what your looking for but I found this.. I don't know what SOS-2 is ...start of scan maybe?

1. The control panel locks up in the SOS-2 mode

SOLUTION: Verify that the waste collector bottle is set properly. Also, make sure that the ADF is in the closed position

Here is another

2. The control panel 'locks up'.

Solution

PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. The control panel is showing a picture of the copier therefore either the waste toner bottle is not installed or the waste toner bottle detecting sensor has
failed.
Install the waste toner bottle or replace the waste toner bottle detecting sensor.
2. Paper was removed from the bypass table after the print button was pressed.
Turn the copier OFF/ON to reset the copier.

Hansoon
07-18-2011, 06:32 PM
This is when the waste toner box is not set properly which is not the case this time.

Hans

Cantechman
07-19-2011, 04:40 PM
Yeah I knew it wasn't directly the same as your problem, but I was just throwing it out there where this machine is so old, I don't expect you'll get a lot of responses.

oce bill
07-19-2011, 06:19 PM
.....trying to reset the toner waste container on this dinosaur. Display has the waste toner indicator on and the machine is locked up.

I'm using the procedure as described in the manual TechRep Mode > Counter Mode > Life3 > Clear Toner Collect > Ex

However the Waste Toner indicator will not go away in the display and the machine remains locked up.

What did I overlook?

Hans

First have you replaced the waste bottle (you can not just empty this bottle) as close to the neck there is a small chute which fills up with toner and blocks a photo interupter,
this unfortunately is very difficult to clear out and so the machine thinks the waste box is still full, To test this out just remove the sensor from its mounting so it is no longer blocked and try your machine.

Good look

Custom Search