PDA

View Full Version : Km 3510 Continuous Scanning

Custom Search

mitchl
09-06-2007, 06:04 PM
Has anyone ever set up the 3510 to continuous scan VIA the feeder? Say you have 125 originals and the feeder only holds 50, so every time its finished with 50 it creates a new file for the next batch of 50. Is it possible to get all of the 125 to go to the same file? If so how do you configure it and what other options are necessary if any? Can it be set up to scan to FTP or the hard drive? Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance! I know a few of the newer color machines does this by asking do you want to continue scanning or quit, but I dont know if its possible with the 3510 series of machines?

Bizhub
09-06-2007, 10:13 PM
Hi Mitch

The answer to your DI3510 problem is no.
I dont know if you can get a third party software that could re-combine all the pages for you (never looked)
Our customers that do loads of archiving we supply them with power retrieve, maybe thats an option for you guys!

Regards

Bizhub

joneze
09-17-2007, 10:44 AM
Hi Mitch

The answer to your DI3510 problem is no.
I dont know if you can get a third party software that could re-combine all the pages for you (never looked)
Our customers that do loads of archiving we supply them with power retrieve, maybe thats an option for you guys!

Regards

Bizhub

Doesnt the Di3510 have seperate scan option? Wouldnt this solve the problem?

Jeffmoi
11-19-2007, 09:24 PM
You can do this, check the Key op settings under scan, or in the service mode,, we did this for a few title companies, sorry i can't rememer the exact setting. It will actually ask you if you are finished scanning or not and you have to confirm.

mitchl
11-19-2007, 10:18 PM
You can do this, check the Key op settings under scan, or in the service mode,, we did this for a few title companies, sorry i can't rememer the exact setting. It will actually ask you if you are finished scanning or not and you have to confirm.
Ive exhausted all possibilities and read pretty much everything, the only way I think I could have missed it is if Minolta uses a term so obscure that you didn't pay any attention to it. If you do remember let me know!

Jeffmoi
11-22-2007, 07:32 PM
sorry, i mistakenly thought you were working on Kyocera Mita, not Konica Minolta.

Copierdave
11-23-2007, 04:44 PM
I hope that i am incorrect but I don't think so. Seperate scan is ONLY in the copy mode. I have often wondered why they couldn't have added it in the fax/scan mode. Possible the reason is that the machine or most networks could possible not handle potentially unlimited size files if seperate scan was available on scan mode.
If anyone does know of a way the make seperate scan to work in fax/scan, I too would like to know.
There are software that will allow you to merge the documents from two seperate scans jobs.

mitchl
12-06-2007, 10:22 PM
I hope that i am incorrect but I don't think so. Seperate scan is ONLY in the copy mode. I have often wondered why they couldn't have added it in the fax/scan mode. Possible the reason is that the machine or most networks could possible not handle potentially unlimited size files if seperate scan was available on scan mode.
If anyone does know of a way the make seperate scan to work in fax/scan, I too would like to know.
There are software that will allow you to merge the documents from two seperate scans jobs.

Adobe has a program that does it very well but this whiny ass-ed customer doesn't want the extra steps............. Live with it then would be my recommendation!

Scott_Lewis
12-08-2007, 05:55 PM
From the FAQs page on the KM site:

With the Di3510-2010 series, is it possible to scan a document that is greater than 80 pages as a single file?

http://participant.mykonicaminolta.com/img/faq_a.gif No, it is not. Since the AFR-19 can handle a maximum number of 80 sheets, any pages that exceed this limit will be scanned as a separate file. It is not possible to combine two independent scan jobs into one scan file.

ToshibaGuy
12-09-2007, 05:22 AM
You can find some pretty inexpensive software to combine PDF files. You could probably find something at download.com.

Custom Search